Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate,

thanks, your thread pushed me into the right direction. I have a very similar setup, with a Asus ranger, same CPU, and a Asus GTX 980.
I was preparing a El Capitan stick with Unibeast and applied your config.plist as well as the FakeSMC/IntelMausiEthernet and USBInjectAll kexts.

Also I set the values you recommended in the BIOS.

I can boot into the OSX installer just fine, and there starts my problem :) I cannot see any drives apart from the USB I'm booting from. Neither in the installation routinge nor in DiskUtility. (I have one SSD and 2 HHDs on one of which OSX should be installed)

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I worked around the problem by putting the disc in a usb case and installing from the usb stick on the usb disc. Have to see if it works if I put it on the SATA tomorrow.

I hooked the HDD to the internal SATA of my desktop now and was using the clover from the usb install drive to boot the HDD. I get stuck at boot with no real error message (apart from the IntelMousi which also didn't work when I had the HDD in the USB case) and after that the screen turns to gibberish. Any Ideas?

IMG_20160221_215042.jpgIMG_20160221_215132.jpg

Cheers!

I hooked the HDD to the internal SATA of my desktop now and was using the clover from the usb install drive to boot the HDD. I get stuck at boot with no real error message (apart from the IntelMousi which also didn't work when I had the HDD in the USB case) and after that the screen turns to gibberish. Any Ideas?
Cheers!
Hi, sorry about the late reply - I've just checked this thread today :)

I can think of two things that you could try. In the config.plist I attached to this thread, I have set nvda_drv=1 in boot arguments. You only need this flag once you have installed OS X and have installed the Nvidia web drivers (even then I think the web drivers set this flag in your nvram). To proceed, you need nv_disable=1 in your boot arguments, so under Boot:
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>-xcpm darkwake=10 nv_disable=1</string>
I would also try using a Mac Pro SMBIOS for installing OS X, until you can boot into your installation and apply the iMac17,1 black screen fix via the specially created app. So your SMBIOS section should look like this (taken from ammulder's config.plist):
Code:
<key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
        <string>02/29/08</string>
        <key>BiosVendor</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
        <key>Board-ID</key>
        <string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
        <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
        <key>BoardType</key>
        <integer>11</integer>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string>Pro-Enclosure</string>
        <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
        <key>ChassisType</key>
        <string>06</string>
        <key>Family</key>
        <string>Mac Pro</string>
        <key>Manufacturer</key>
        <key>Mobile</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>MacPro3,1</string>
        <key>SerialNumber</key>
        <string>CK903TUMXYL</string>
        <key>Trust</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Version</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>
I have also rolled both these fixes into the config.plist in my opening post, if you want to try it from there.

I use iStat to show system info on menubar, but Sensor info have not enough info about Voltage and Temp, Anyone know how to improve it ?

I use iStat to show system info on menubar, but Sensor info have not enough info about Voltage and Temp, Anyone know how to improve it ?
I've not had any luck with the iStat Menu sensors add-on. I've always used HWMonitor instead, which you can get through the FakeSMC install package: http://hwsensors.com/releases

You'll need Skylake compatible plugins though, to get usable information with HWMonitor in El Capitan. Here's one source: http://oandras.hu/fakesmc-hwsensors-with-skylake-cpu-support/ There are probably newer Skylake compatible versions of FakeSMC out there.

I've not had any luck with the iStat Menu sensors add-on. I've always used HWMonitor instead, which you can get through the FakeSMC install package: http://hwsensors.com/releases

You'll need Skylake compatible plugins though, to get usable information with HWMonitor in El Capitan. Here's one source: http://oandras.hu/fakesmc-hwsensors-with-skylake-cpu-support/ There are probably newer Skylake compatible versions of FakeSMC out there.

thank you, this fixed is lastest version ?

I have found a version support Skylake too, but didnt know what is better !

@Twa - I found a branch that RehabMan (who's very active on the Hackintosh scene and the Tonymacx86 forums) has been working on. It's dated 30/12/2015 so is a bit newer, and it works fine on my Skylake system. Download link below (and have updated my first post to point to this version of FakeSMC):

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 15.05.50.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 15.05.50.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 264
Hey,

thanks for the update on the .config. I think the nvdisable did the trick, although I'm still not sure why I could boot into the system when I attached the HDD to the USB, it didn't complain about graphics issues then xD.

I get stuck now at 'Still waiting for root device', which is consistent with the fact that I can only see USB devices and no SATA drives when I enter the OSX setup with this configuration. I double and tripple checked in BIOS that the drives are set to AHCI. I also tried disabling all SATA ports except for the one, the destination drive is on.

Strange thing is nobody here seems to have difficulties with the SATA on this mainboard, I probably missed something completely obvious :shh:

Cheers

Strange thing is nobody here seems to have difficulties with the SATA on this mainboard, I probably missed something completely obvious :shh:Cheers
I'm sure you've already searched online for people who have experienced this problem. Each one seems to give different advice I've found though. I've seen someone recommend using these boot flags in a different thread: cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...tuck-stop-sign-still-waiting-root-device.html

However, if I understand correctly, you can boot into the OS X installer but can't see any of your SATA hard-drives - not even in Disk Utility. It seems an odd problem. I've seen a ****** thread about someone who had the same problem but there was no resolution.

Also, are you using the latest 10.11.3 version of OS X on your install drive, and have the latest clover (3346) setup for UEFI boot on it (select Customize from the Clover installer, then tick "Install for UEFI booting only" & "Install Clover in the ESP", and select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 from the Drivers64UEFI menu)?

I've also attached my Clover directory to this post, to see if that will get things working with your system. Just go into the EFI directory on your OS X Install drive, and replace your Clover folder with this one.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back