Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brennan.ruth0723 - Regarding bluetooth, I've read that you can have problems with this if your BCM94360CD card's bluetooth is not completely authentic and a match for Apple's. Maybe there are two possible ways to get it working though. First though, check you have attached all aerials to the card, and have one last go at making sure the USB cable is inserted properly (it looks ok from the picture you posted).

First is BrcmPatchRAM - More reading here, and I would use the Rehabman fork and download from Bitbucket. Looks like you will need BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext

Next is FakePCIID - Again read up here, and use the FakePCIID.kext with FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (You can use KextBeast, available in Downloads on Tonymacx86, to install these kexts).

I personally haven't used these solutions, as my bluetooth works well, so these may or may not work for you. And remember to only use one solution at a a time, so if FakePCIID doesn't work for you, remove its kexts from S/L/E or Clover/kexts/Other and try BrcmPatchRAM, and vice versa.
Question, the directions seem a bit unclear for the BrcmPatchRam, do I need to also include the non-Patch Ram kext as well as the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext?

I just realized that the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext are still in the /S/L/E , but cannot remove w/ rmdir.
Hi, sorry for not making things clearer :( I've read the readme here and it suggests once you have the latest bitbucket zip which is 2016-0705, then unzip BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to your Downloads folder, and run these three commands:
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Regarding removing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext, if you open finder, and select Go -> Go to Folder from the Finder menu, then type in the resulting dialog box: /System/Library/Extensions and then click Go, this should take you to S/L/E

Then right-click inside this folder, press alt on your keyboard until "arrange by" changes to "sort by" and choose to sort by Name. Go to the kexts in question and drag to recycle bin. This should work, provided you have SIP disabled. To have SIP disabled, you should have an RtVariables section in your config.plist that looks somthing like this:
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Hi, sorry for not making things clearer :( I've read the readme here and it suggests once you have the latest bitbucket zip which is 2016-0705, then unzip BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to your Downloads folder, and run these three commands:
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
Regarding removing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareData.kext, if you open finder, and select Go -> Go to Folder from the Finder menu, then type in the resulting dialog box: /System/Library/Extensions and then click Go, this should take you to S/L/E

Then right-click inside this folder, press alt on your keyboard until "arrange by" changes to "sort by" and choose to sort by Name. Go to the kexts in question and drag to recycle bin. This should work, provided you have SIP disabled. To have SIP disabled, you should have an RtVariables section in your config.plist that looks somthing like this:
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>
Confirmed SIP is disabled

config.plist entry:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x3</string>

ran the commands, still no change. I guess I could try the other method.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 4.40.13 PM.png

Also, I should not load the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with KextLoader, correct?
The readme says just to reboot your Hackintosh after running those three commands. That should be enough for the kexts to load, after the touch command rebuilds the kext cache. You could try the other FakePCIID method, but I'm not sure if that will work either - I think we need to know what Broadcom varient your bluetooth is first, and whether it's powering up ok, and showing up in macOS.

Take a look at this thread on Tonymacx86 - does your Bluetooth Device show up under USB devices in About This Mac - the solution in this case is here and involved flipping the 9-Pin USB cable round. A Google search of "bcm94360cd bluetooth not working" also brings up some useful results.

As you can tell, I'm out of ideas :) It might be worth starting a thread here on Tonymacx86 in the Post Installation -> Network Forum about this, as you'll likely get some better answers & trouble-shooting there.

Last edited:
The readme says just to reboot your Hackintosh after running those three commands. That should be enough for the kexts to load, after the touch command rebuilds the kext cache. You could try the other FakePCIID method, but I'm not sure if that will work either - I think we need to know what Broadcom varient your bluetooth is first, and whether it's powering up ok, and showing up in macOS.

Take a look at this thread on Tonymacx86 - does your Bluetooth Device show up under USB devices in About This Mac - the solution in this case is here and involved flipping the 9-Pin USB cable round. A Google search of "bcm94360cd bluetooth not working" also brings up some useful results.

As you can tell, I'm out of ideas :) It might be worth starting a thread here on Tonymacx86 in the Post Installation -> Network Forum about this, as you'll likely get some better answers & trouble-shooting there.

@pbryanw Thanks for your continued support. The Broadcom shows up in the USB system parameter, so I need to figure out how to turn the USB cable around. The problem is, the cable is a true 9 pin cable.

@pbryanw I am going to see if I can find an adapter to help with my Broadcom cable tomorrow. One more topic to ask, I bought a seperate SSD to load Windows10 and running into some problems.

I am following the instructions laid out here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/

However, I cannot get the drives formatted right. Windows keeps stating it cannot continue the load process. The following directions (stated as follows) are not clear to me:
upload_2017-8-24_21-52-36.png

I want to use Disk Utility to format the drive, but I do not follow what "format the GPT partition tables" means. Can you enlighten me?

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-24_21-51-25.png
    upload_2017-8-24_21-51-25.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 81
Hi, according to Google:
"Master boot record (MBR) disks use the standard BIOS partition table. GUID partition table (GPT) disks use unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI)"

So, I think what Going Bald is trying to get you to do is initialize your potential Windows drive with a GUID partition table, so it will then be ready to install your new Windows 10 UEFI OS on it.

I don't think you need an OS X Install Drive to do this - it should be possible to use Disk Utility from your macOS install. However, you will need a Windows 10 USB Stick installer, and I'm assuming you have one if you're attempting this. So, slightly altering Going Bald's instructions starting at "For Win 10": Before attempting this, enable CSM in your BIOS, and I would also disable your macOS SATA drive in the BIOS after you've finished initialising the Windows SSD with Disk Utility. I believe this can be done by going into Advanced -> PCH Storage Configuration (then setting the port for the drive to disabled) in your BIOS. So:

"Go to Utilities->Disk Utility app on macOS and format your newly-attached Windows drive - single partition GUID/Mac OS Extended (Journaled). When done, exit Disk Utility.
Disable macOS drive in BIOS. insert the Win10 USB, boot the system and at the POST hit the Function hotkey (F8) that allows you to select a boot device.
Windows shows up as USB: Win10Installer (or whatever you named the USB) and as UEFI USB: Win10Installer.
At the installation screen, select Custom Install. At the next screen select the OS X partition and delete it - do not delete the EFI partition. With the resulting free space hi-lited, install Windows to the space. The installer will create and format the partitions for you. When finished, update and install your 3rd party apps and security suite. Reboot to BIOS/UEFI and disable CSM. Save&exit, continue boot to desktop. Shut down, disconnect the drive."

Then re-enable the macOS SATA port in your BIOS, and set you macOS drive to be the first booting device in the Boot section of your BIOS. I think the Windows drive should show up automatically next time you enter the Clover boot screen (by holding any key at startup), and there are ways to tidy up the Clover Boot screen, but that can wait for another time :) Also if you get Windows and macOS dual-booting (which I recommend anyway, as you'll always have an OS to fallback on if something goes wrong with one of them) Paragon Software sell some good software for each OS that will let you view files on each drive from the respective operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back