Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, i5-6600, GTX 1070 (Clover/High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pbryanw
Thanks for your answer for now. I said a mistake, without CSM I see my M2 and my SSD 850. but no one of the others HDD. I just converted the future mac hdd in GPT.. but I need the data's of others disks.. So I have to formated them to convert them ? Do I need a save etc etc or is there a trick to dont erase all my datas and have my data's Hdd functionals in High Sierra after install ?
For now I m trying to launch clover. Can I just replace my config.plist by yours ? Everything in complete ? Cause your is very very empty than mine.. I ve many more lines in my .plist...
And yes all kext are up to date, I download them yesterday.

@louisdem - Apologies for not replying sooner - I'm currently upgrading my PC :)

Unfortunately, I only use one monitor, so don't have experience of getting two working with my Hackintosh.

However, you don't need to Inject Nvidia - that's unnecessary if you use WhateverGreen.kext.

Reading the thread you linked to - some people had success with this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-monitor-connected.223082/page-2#post-1727268

I wonder if you would have more luck connecting your main monitor via DP (if possible), instead of DVI?

Also, you could try enabling CSM (also mentioned as a solution in the Tonymacx86 thread). However, I believe this might cause some compatibility issues on your PC?

Last edited:
This looks like a really well written guide, I might have to try it as I have a similar system. Since High Sierra is no longer available in the App store do you think Mojave could also work with the same guide?

This looks like a really well written guide, I might have to try it as I have a similar system. Since High Sierra is no longer available in the App store do you think Mojave could also work with the same guide?
Hi, thanks for your kind words re: this guide. As @BreBo points out, High Sierra is still available from the App Store.

If you go the High Sierra route, this means you can still use Nvidia web drivers for your Zotac 1070 (web drivers are currently unavailable for Mojave, and there's no guarantee they'll be coming to this OS). List of web drivers here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

If you do opt for Mojave, I believe most of the guide still applies to this OS. Some bits are no longer needed - you don't need to rename HDAS to HDEF in config.plist, I believe, as AppleALC.kext will do this for you (starting with v1.2.3).

To get your i7-6700K's Intel HD530 Graphics working with acceleration, you might need to patch the framebuffer, by adding this bit under Devices in config.plist:
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
     <key>Audio</key>
     <dict>
          <key>Inject</key>
          <integer>1</integer>
      </dict>
      <key>Properties</key>
      <dict>
           <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
           <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AAASGQ==</data>
           </dict>
      </dict>
</dict>
However, as I've now moved on to a Z390 motherboard, I can't check if this is still needed. And if you do decide to use your integrated graphics in macOS, this would require you to go into the bios to switch to PCI-E graphics, anytime you wanted to use your GTX 1070 (although the HD530 will work under Windows). For this reason, I would stick with High Sierra, unless you desperately need to use a feature introduced in Mojave.

Hi pbryanw.
Please give me your full DSDT version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back