Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]Sierra&Win10 | i5-7500 | GA-H270N-Wifi | Quadro K1200 | Samsung 960pro NVMe | iMac17,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,

I'm having some trouble getting audio working. This is my second(ish) build, and last time I got everything working with VoodooHDA, but line-out/mic never worked. I wanted to try to get both in/out audio working.

My Rig
Mobo: Gigabyte H270N + WIFI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: GTX 970
Other: Dual Monitors (Dell U2417h via mDP + U2414h via HDMI)

What I've Tried
I followed this guide regarding getting the GPU to work and tried following it for the Audio too. I got the devices in Output and Input to show up in the Sound preferences pane, although with a slight change of setting the layout-id to 2 instead of 11. When I tried running audio_cloverHDMI-120.command, I get this and I couldn't seem to find others with the same issue:

File: audio_cloverHDMI-120.command_v1.0d
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
HDMI audio codec(s)
Nvidia: 0x10de0071
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n): y
AMD/Nvidia HDMI codec found
AMD/Nvidia graphics not found, unknown acpi PCI0/graphics name
Names checked: PEGP@0 GFX0@0 display@0 pci-display@0 GFX1@0 H000@0 pci10de pci1002
Install finished, restart required.

I'm trying to achieve sound output through monitor 1 via mDP, and out via the 3.5mm "headphone" jack built into the monitor. I tried both rear in/out on the mobo, and the case's front in/out with a headset to no avail. Also note, GPU seems to be working fine after I installed the Nvidia Web Drivers, so I'm not sure why it can't find my GPU. I tried running this connected to the same monitor with HDMI and mDP on separate attempts, with restarts in between, and without both display cords plugged in at the same time. I do wonder if one of the things in this guide that were for the NVMe steps that I didn't do could've thrown off the install.

Another issue I noticed, which I read was connected to audio drivers, is that videos don't start playing (yes, Ethernet is connected and working fine). For example, on YouTube, the video will just sit at 0:00 and never load/play. Apparently this happens for folks on local videos too, but I haven't had the chance to test it myself.

Here's the kicker. Sound works on Bluetooth. The video load/play issue also goes away and videos play properly when connected to Bluetooth. So what gives? Is this because the Bluetooth audio drivers are different than the line-in/line-out drivers on the mobo? That would made sense; or could it be that I have the audio drivers installed properly, but there is something else hindering the line-in/line-out from working? I can at least assume the audio_cloverHDMI issue is preventing audio from working over mDP/HDMI.

I'd appreciate some help getting the line-out/DP/HDMI outputs to work. I've scoured the internet for hours trying to find a fix, and tried quite a few other tutorials and tips. I'm on the brink of possibly just buying a USB audio hub which I've read seem to work fine for audio and mic, and alter my setup a bit.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
@MiAlicea
On 12.6
For on board ALC1220, the latest AppleALC and LiLu are still working just fine as you expected.
For HDMI and DP audio on Maxwell, I will need to do some testing once I return home. I currently don't have anything near by.

I currently have H270N with a GT1030. Using HDMI/DP to and 3.5mm jack from mobo to a Sony TV as well.
It works fine, I don't notice any delay. The TV has another separate HDMI-in port as DVI mode.

BT audio is not related to ALC1220, your bluetooth speaker should have its own DAC.

I'd suggest you do one thing at a time, fix your on-board first, as it is supposed to be the easiest.

I am currently traveling.
Won't return until next week.
I will look into what I have done with 94352z in order to get AC wifi and BT.
BTW, from my experience, on some routers due to Region radiation restrictions, I needed to change 5G band on certain channel.
For example, I lived in the US but taking my hackintosh to East Asia, Taiwan. The local router/AP I bought tends to drop connection randomly. As a result, I minimise the channel band to 20mhz on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
This depends on where you get your 94352z.
For wifi there's just kext and plist patches.

GhostHitWall, Interesting...so you take your hackintosh with you when you travel. Any tips on how to pack it to survive the shipping?

In my case, with the latest Lilu.kext and AppleHDA.kext plus the audio injected on 11 (or 1) everything seems to work smoothly. I tested all the "out" ports on my Mobo. I didn't tested the "In" ports however... Did you also go into System Configuration on Mac OS and selected the right output from the "sound" menu ? If not, that's why you can't get it working...

@ALL

Can someone explain me why we need 2 injectors for the 200-Series (XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and USBInjectAll.kext) for USB ports? Isn't it redundant? Actually I have so much trouble to get my ports working on my H270N-Wifi...

P.S. I also have a BCM94352z plugged on my M.2 port on the Mobo, and I can't get it working either. I confirm that the tutorial to get it working is not anymore available. I'd be really interested for some help in this as well :D

Hi @GhostHitWall ! Thanks for you topic,
I'm about to build my second hackintosh, (built the first one around a 6600k & H170n following the marvelous guide you mentioned on page 1) and wanted to build a second one a bit different.
But I'm stuck at OSX installation progress bar won't move a bit.

My specs:
H270N Wifi
I5 6600 Skylake spoofed (had it laying around and don't want to invest on a 7500)
8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133 Mhz

Tried the verbose mode, and here's where it stops.

Any suggestion would be cool to get to OSX installer.
Thanks a lot again for your post and your replies

Attachments

• IMG_9575.JPG
    IMG_9575.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
Have you updated to Catalina ?
I'm at Catalina with same Mobo, I feel I need to configure something but I can't find anything at all. It works flawlessly without any configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back