Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra on MSI z170M Mortar, i7 6700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the OP with my current EFI.

I followed your guide (changing FakeCPUID as I got 7700K) but isn't working: everytime I use Multibeast with your settings Sierra won't boot.

I followed your guide (changing FakeCPUID as I got 7700K) but isn't working: everytime I use Multibeast with your settings Sierra won't boot.
No idea about the 7700k, I have to assume that's the root of your problem.

Hopefully you have booted and now have networking and audio. My audio was working at this point I think and it has since stopped working but I am using an external interface so I don’t care much. If your audio is not working at this step, go with toleda’s guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/#post886744

Hey, I'm that other guy that posted my version of this except using a 6600k and integrated graphics. Now I'm pretty set in Sierra 10.12.4 with a 1050 TI and I have audio.

I didn't have audio until I went into clover configurator and in the "Graphics" section and unchecked the "Inject Intel." There was nothing else checked off in there so if anything is I'd give it a try by unchecking everything in that tab. I believe the Nvidia Web driver should do the rest.

I did not use step 11/toleda’s guide.

Only problem now is if it goes to sleep the sound won't work again so I simple don't let it do so. Restarting has everything working again if it does go to sleep. I'll update my thread once I have time.

*There are a few things lingering and fragmented from your first post that I believe are confusing some people. Still, I got to say that you posting that efi is mega useful and your post in general deserves a gold star.

Last edited:
I will go do that and see where it gets me. You never had an issue with the screen getting turned off/on a bunch, right? Like this:

When I have more time I may go into more detail. This happened to me for a bit, but its all fixed.

Quickly though, check to see that you are opening/saving the correct Clover Configurator file or config.plist file in EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist. There seems to be confusion with what Clover Configurator does.

Also for the step 9, AGDPfix, make sure you scroll down the thread's main post to the following section and do as directed and nothing else. You may like to read more of the post:

EDIT (03/01/2017):
vit9696 offered a new solution for those who want an easy fix. I haven't tested this but it sounds like it bypasses the offending functionality of Apple Graphics Display Policy. Because it is a separate pair of kexts, it should not require any actions (re-patching) after updates. Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It says it's for MacPro6,1 but omrij confirms it works for iMac15 and pastrychef confirms it works for the iMac 17 board IDs as well.

You install these kexts simply by copy and pasting them to the directory listed in the quote.

Also for those of us that got it working it seems we are using Sierra 10.12.4. You might try that too if you are not.

Last edited:
I just installed Sierra 10.12.5 using this guided and everything is working but the microphone input. Any idea's?
You have to make sure to select the correct profile in the sound device script. It defaults to 2 which is wrong, it should be 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back