Contribute
Register

success sierra on asus sabertooth x58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the same board and I can't get the Internet to work or duel monitor what can I try.

post #19 has the driver u need to get the ethernet port to work

Its a bit unclear which motherboard Madvicious is referring to; he has GA-X58A-UD3R in his profile which would be Realtek RTL8111E. Otherwise follow dddirtman's suggestion.

Not x58, but related (socket LGA1366 and Intel 5520 chipset)... I have an SR2 that I will be updating from Yosemite to Sierra. I will probably use MacPro5,1 definition as always, but I have never patched AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, I usually just delete it. I do use ECC ram so would it be beneficial for me to just patch it? I guess if it is an on-the-fly patch, it would make it easier for updates since I would not have to delete it every time I update. That would be worth it for that since I sometimes forget and get a panic. Also, no need for me to update like everyone else here. I would have to spend a heck of a lot of money on current hardware to even get the same power as what I have now. I can overclock my x5660s to over 4ghz (and I have), but I have them at a nice 3.66ghz and I don't need anything more at the moment. Even that is overkill. I am using 48GB of 1333mhz ram, but I do have the option of 96, I just don't like the high reboot time and the fact that overclocking makes rebooting almost impossible and sleep does not work well, but once I get it on, it is solid and very powerful. It is not DDR4, but I am not sure you can tell the difference between 1/8th of an eye blink and 1/16th of an eye blink outside benchmarking.

Not x58, but related (socket LGA1366 and Intel 5520 chipset)... I have an SR2 that I will be updating from Yosemite to Sierra. I will probably use MacPro5,1 definition as always, but I have never patched AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, I usually just delete it.
If you select MP5,1 as a SysDef in MultiBeast for Sierra it adds the patch to Clover automatically. I am also using MP5,1 in my sig build and I think I also included the config.plist for my sig build in a post in the Sierra desktop forum somewhere - you might search for it with forum search engine.

Hello guys i'm new here.. and i would like to know how to install sierra on my asus x58 with intel i7 950...
i tried creating the usb but i got kernel panic error "ahci"..
please help me with bios settings and making a correct usb for installation..
thanks in advance guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back