Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margate,

Would you mind to share your EFI folder and your BIOS configuration?

Thanks in advance

Find CLOVER folder (excl themes and tools) attached, for BIOS setting see #1

Last edited:
In your screenshots, over the HWmonitor, I see your power draw quite low. Mine never comes below 10W even on idle

I was more concerned by tempetatures :), my power usage is generally low while only finder and safari is running, but starting a few VM's bring it to 10+ or higher

I was more concerned by tempetatures :), my power usage is generally low while only finder and safari is running, but starting a few VM's bring it to 10+ or higher
my browser usage alone makes it above 15W. my idles are 13W, Youtube makes my cpu go in turbo and power is between 18-22W. I am seeing alot of ppl having low power draw, i wonder if bios settings were changed.

my browser usage alone makes it above 15W. my idles are 13W, Youtube makes my cpu go in turbo and power is between 18-22W. I am seeing alot of ppl having low power draw, i wonder if bios settings were changed.
See attached, I didn't make any OC changes in BIOS, only changes listed in #1

Attachments

• Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 202
Thank you so much! This guide helped me a lot to succeed on an ASUS PRIME Z270-K. I had to use voodoo to make the ALC887 work.

Perfectly working, dual booting Windows for games, OSX for development and graphic design!

@margate just a small question: do you have any "Disk not ejected properly" issue if you put the machine on sleep with an USB stick plugged in or USB drive when you wake up it?

@margate just a small question: do you have any "Disk not ejected properly" issue if you put the machine on sleep with an USB stick plugged in or USB drive when you wake up it?
Yes, I had a 1TB TOSHIBA drive there did that; moved it to Asmedia USB 3.1 port (the one above Type-C connector) It provide 3A power output.

Yes, I had a 1TB TOSHIBA drive there did that; moved it to Asmedia USB 3.1 port (the one above Type-C connector) It provide 3A power output.

but did you have the same "Disk not ejected properly" issue even with USB sticks that are not powered ... ? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back