Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw I can now also confirm that Thunderbolt 1 & 2 works on the Z270 Prime A with ThunderboltEX3 card including USB 3.1 and DisplayPort if it has been activated. Activation involves using Win10 plus drivers, including a firmware update thru Windows. And it is working smoothly without rebooting, but TB drive must be connected at boot to work. So far I can see the USB 3.1 active under the System Profiler but nothing under Thunderbolt, though the TB drive works fine. If you have USB troubles with the Prime A you need to install the latest USBInjectAll kext from Rehabman.

Could you please tell me if this applies after your update to High Sierra or was this still/only with Sierra. I need both: Thunderbolt & High Sierra 10.13.x, so your approval would be highly apprechiated!

Same as your configuration.
asus-z270-a 7700k
But my GPU is Inno3D.
Two screen boot is a black screen, but the system went in, I thought I can hear the system tone.
There is no problem with just inserting one screen (one for both screens)
Plugged into the other screen can be activated at the same time using the two screens.
Seeking answers, thank you.
Because English is not good, with google translation, please forgive me

Great guide man thanks..Do you have problems with Itunes ?I am using onboard graphics and itunes crashing a lot!

Hi,
I have the same motherboard and I was wondering what is the darkwake setting all of you are using. My system has been having sleep problems. I had darkwake=no and it was working early in high Sierra but now it doesn't. Constantly waking up from sleep and staying awake, same thing with darkwake=0. The only setting that seems to work consistently is darkwake. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Could you please tell me if this applies after your update to High Sierra or was this still/only with Sierra. I need both: Thunderbolt & High Sierra 10.13.x, so your approval would be highly apprechiated!

MiGri, Thunderbolt 3 should work on this board no problem with High Sierra. As it stands I've just gotten another Asus Prime board this time a Z370 Prime P on 10.13.4 and HS runs absolutely fine. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...evo-nvme-nvidia-gtx-1050.249402/#post-1722333

Thanks Middleman for your answer. Since January I got it all sorted out and my system is up and running since. ;)

By the way, on the Asus Z370-A hotplugging TB3 was possible from the very beginning for my monitor and video converter box without any special configuration. Maybe because of both, the TB capability of the mainboard itself and using the Asus TBEx card!?

Hi Sir,

I would like to ask if this is build is working with ASUS GTX 1050 2GB DDR5 dual? I encountered flickering issues with onboard graphics card (Intel HD 630)

Thanks for your share, btw could you share your EFI package? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back