Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi margate!
Could you upload your files from EFI folder (dsdt.aml and config.plist), or the entire Efi folder?
Thank you very much in advance!
Uploaded Clover directory for High Sierra, on page 3 top you can find the clover folder for Sierra

I just bought nearly identical parts to the OP, in 2 weeks or so I'll report back in on my success.

My Parts
-Asus Prime Z270-A
-Cooler Master 240
-16GB DDR4 3000
-840 EVO (Going to install windows 10)
-850 EVO (Going to install High Sierra)
-1TB WD Black
-3TB WD Red
-EVGA 1060 6GB (I am going to attempt to use MST, my monitors support pass-through).
-2 Dell D2414H - Over Displayport if possible

Like OP I also intend to run VMs and do iOS development using Xamarin.

I don't have the fancy WiFi + Bluetooth card though.

I just bought nearly identical parts to the OP, in 2 weeks or so I'll report back in on my success.

My Parts
-Asus Prime Z270-A
-Cooler Master 240
-16GB DDR4 3000
-840 EVO (Going to install windows 10)
-850 EVO (Going to install High Sierra)
-1TB WD Black
-3TB WD Red
-EVGA 1060 6GB (I am going to attempt to use MST, my monitors support pass-through).
-2 Dell D2414H - Over Displayport if possible

Like OP I also intend to run VMs and do iOS development using Xamarin.

I don't have the fancy WiFi + Bluetooth card though.
I suggest you start with minimal number of disks "one" when installing High Sierra, I never installed High Sierra from scratch; so not possible to provide much help, but I can confirm that HS runs without issues.

Well one issue - occasional I see an issues with both monitors showing squares while resuming from sleep, I then press ESC and wait for screens to turn black, then i move mouse and screens resets and initialises. I believe nVidia Web drives somehow does not reset correctly on resume. NOTE: This does not happen if only Screens is a sleep

I suggest you start with minimal number of disks "one" when installing High Sierra, I never installed High Sierra from scratch; so not possible to provide much help, but I can confirm that HS runs without issues.

Well one issue - occasional I see an issues with both monitors showing squares while resuming from sleep, I then press ESC and wait for screens to turn black, then i move mouse and screens resets and initialises. I believe nVidia Web drives somehow does not reset correctly on resume. NOTE: This does not happen if only Screens is a sleep

Yea I will probably install with just the one drive in. I’ve noticed before with hackintosh that the bios handles things differently when multiple drives are installed.

I’m assuming high Sierra will be the same process as installing from scratch. I mostly intend to follow the regular tony Mac install guide then if I run into issues try things from here, especially for what appears to be finicky video. I’m not expecting MST to work, luckily it’s not a big deal, just nice to have only one video wire out from desktop then daisy chain monitors. Really it’s useful for setups where the desktop is far away from the monitors. I hope multiple display ports work too....

my line out isn't working

my line out isn't working
I use voodoo and it works fine. 5.1 even works.

On a side note, I am unable to get nvidia drivers to work. Stuck on gioscreen something another. Seems to be a common occurrence. Supposedly updating to the latest clover fixes it, will try later.

Still struggling with Nvidia Drivers.... getting stuck on GIOScreenLockState and cant even load login.

I need a break from trying, so many rebooting and adding video card back in..... really a lot of work.

since I'm running almost the same build a quick question, did you get Hardware encoding to work? If yes, how?

Still struggling with Nvidia Drivers.... getting stuck on GIOScreenLockState and cant even load login.

I need a break from trying, so many rebooting and adding video card back in..... really a lot of work.

Tonu42,

Have you tried installing Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup? Also check out Margate's Sierra config.plist settings and kexts on Page 3, which should run with Nvidia.

The crucial part I also found is setting your FakeCPUID, which is 0x0506E3, and changing your CSRActiveConfig to 0x67 and Booter Config to 0x28 under RTVariables. Not forgetting to check Nvidiaweb, if you've installed the Nvidia 10.12.6 drivers beforehand including the ones ending F01 & F02 it should work. But I believe I've had to add the EmuVariableUefi to work with mine.

Btw I can now also confirm that Thunderbolt 1 & 2 works on the Z270 Prime A with ThunderboltEX3 card including USB 3.1 and DisplayPort if it has been activated. Activation involves using Win10 plus drivers, including a firmware update thru Windows. And it is working smoothly without rebooting, but TB drive must be connected at boot to work. So far I can see the USB 3.1 active under the System Profiler but nothing under Thunderbolt, though the TB drive works fine. If you have USB troubles with the Prime A you need to install the latest USBInjectAll kext from Rehabman.

I have a SSDT for my board (USBInjectall + SSDT) and all the FAKESMUs for iStat to operate correctly. Audio is injected with Toledo's script and this is with a GTX950.

Clover folder attached.

Attachments

• Asus Prime Z270-A.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back