CPU
Core i7 4770
Graphics
nVidia 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi,

I almost had a full success installing MacOS Sierra on my VAIO F11 with nVidia GT330m, Core i7 4x1,60GHz. Like 95%. Here are some easy steps to success:

Quick guide

1. Install recent clover.

2. Replace WLAN mini-pice card. I use a AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x1081), Atheros 9280: 4.0.74.0-P2P. But there are surely now much better options, including Bluetooth 4.0 support.

3. Use the following configuration from the file below. It's my whole clover config dir. So you maybe do not install everything (though I think that should work, too. But keep CLOVERX64.efi and CLOVERIA32.efi). Basically the following paths are interesting:
drivers*
kexts*
OEM/VPCF11S1E

Boot in verbose mode "-v" (pressing space on in clover, selecting that option, boot with options), so the caches are cleared! My hardware is labeled "OSX_sony", that is pre-selected in clover config.

4. Patch AppleGraphics Powermanagement to use proper values for the nVidia gt330m (else microstuttering will occur). This can be also done in vanilla way using Clover's patching capabilities. But I wasn't so far able to make a proper patching configuration. This patch works for usage with the powerunit. Not 100% sure for battery usage though.

Modification of
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist
for a fluent graphics on Sony VAIO F11 gt330m core i7. Use SMBIOS id "MacBookPro6,1". Navigate to node
IOKitPersonalites->AGPM->Machines->MacBookPro6,1->Vendor10deDevice0a29->Heuristic
and change it to:
Code:
<key>ID</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>IdleInterval</key>
    <integer>100</integer>
    <key>P3HistoryLength</key>
    <integer>2</integer>
    <key>SensorOption</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>SensorSampleRate</key>
    <integer>10</integer>
    <key>TargetCount</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>Threshold_High</key>
    <array>
        <integer>57</integer>
        <integer>70</integer>
        <integer>80</integer>
        <integer>100</integer>
    </array>
    <key>Threshold_High_v</key>
    <array>
        <integer>57</integer>
        <integer>70</integer>
        <integer>98</integer>
        <integer>100</integer>
    </array>
    <key>Threshold_Low</key>
    <array>
        <integer>57</integer>
        <integer>68</integer>
        <integer>75</integer>
        <integer>94</integer>
    </array>
    <key>Threshold_Low_v</key>
    <array>
        <integer>57</integer>
        <integer>70</integer>
        <integer>95</integer>
        <integer>99</integer>
    </array>

The config should work for OSX 10.9, too.

What's not working as expected

- LAN device Marvell 88E8057. Will never work, since there is no driver available for OSX. This device has a special firmware, too.

- Touchpad works, but it moves mouse really slow and is not detected by Apple prefpane (using recent VoodooPS2).

- No brightness control, due a custom driver is required that triggers the hardware. There does exist a driver for slightly different models with a similar ACPI. But the driver still needs to be modified. The custom Sony hardware for controlling this is called SNY5001.

- Battery controls. This also needs a special kext for that custom Sony way. It's not really a problem, since the leds indicating low power.

I will update this post as soon I had more success.

Attachments

• config clover.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I've used FakePCIID+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics on my machine for brightness

I've used FakePCIID+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics on my machine for brightness

Those kexts have nothing to do with brightness control.
And they obviously will not help the OP as the OP laptop does not have Intel HD graphics.

Those kexts have nothing to do with brightness control.
And they obviously will not help the OP as the OP laptop does not have Intel HD graphics.
oops missed that, worked for me for some reason

The laptop in your profile is HD4000 (which does not need FakePCIID kexts, BTW).
But the laptop owned by @funkyfrank has Nvidia.

Yea actually I'm working on that in my DSDT. Speaking of which, your HP Spectre DSDT battery patch works for HP Envy M6 1125DX, so you can add that. Found it because it supports HP Envy m6 1105DX, so you might want to separate it? Also, in the HP Spectre patch, its 1105DX not 1105EX. Thanks for including that, saved me some work.

Yea actually I'm working on that in my DSDT.

What do you mean by "that"?
Open a separate thread, because clearly you're off-topic in this one.

Speaking of which, your HP Spectre DSDT battery patch works for HP Envy M6 1125DX, so you can add that.

I will add a comment to that effect.

Also, in the HP Spectre patch, its 1105DX not 1105EX.

The comments are based on the profiles of the user that reported it working.

What do you mean by "that"?
Open a separate thread, because clearly you're off-topic in this one.

I will add a comment to that effect.

The comments are based on the profiles of the user that reported it working.

No need for thread, just screwing around with DSDT. Thanks for adding it and thanks for the Laptop repo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back