CPU: 4.2GHz i7 7700K
Cooler: 1950RPM Al+Cu Zalman CNPS7X LED
RAM: 16GBx2 2400MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black CL15
SSD: 250Gb 850 EVO
HDD: 3TB 7200RPM Toshiba P300
Video: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 2Gb
Monitors: primary 2560x1440 27" AOC
secondary 1920x1200 24" Samsung

Both graphics enabled. Monitors attached to GTX card. QuickSync works.

Only thing i've found not working — hibernation.

Update 4 (4 Sep 2017): Looks like i've solved reboot issue (i hope, because last 3 days it was not happened)!

I've completely reinstalled macOS using manually created USB with macOS 10.12.6 and latest Clover (4184).

There is my clover system SSD install options:

upload_2017-9-4_12-47-55.png

upload_2017-9-4_12-48-31.png

Also i've added some options in Clover Pane which appeared in System Settings:

upload_2017-9-4_12-49-58.png

Also i've not used Clover Configurator at all this time. I've found on other forums that it's not recommended and can add errors to your config.plist. The recommended to use this online tool http://cloudclovereditor.altervista.org/cce/index.php or XCode (can be installed for free from App Store).

I'll attach latest version of my EFI folder but fill your SMBIOS/Board-ID and SMBIOS/SerialNumber (you can use service above to generate it)

There also useful console command which can help you fill correct CPU section and RtVariables/MLB:

clover-genconfig > ~/Desktop/config_sample.plist

Onboard sound was successfully installed with attached audio_cloverALC-120.command script. I've used 3rd layout (which is used in attached EFI folder). It's not most correct layout, but most stable in my case.

=== Ignore starting form here, it's old story ===

Installed as described https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/

All works like it should except random rebooting during work. PC freezes for half of a second then reboot. Seems like disabling power save feature for HDD solved this issue:

2ce8cc9c10.png

macOS sleep function works flawless. Intel QuickSync enabled (as i understand, at least AirPlay option exists and programs display Apple VT 264 encoder enabled).

Clover's EFI folder attached. SMBIOS part cleared but you can generate your own in Clover Configurator. I've used `iMac 17,1` definition. Also there also used SSDT for overclocked processors (not sure if this thing really required).

Update: computer rebooted again twice. Now i've removed this SSDT file. Not sure how to check RAM consistency… Aaand that's not helps too

Update 2: enabling/disabling Vd-t also not affected (computer reboots in both states) and now i think it's because of this issue http://archive.is/Cayj5. Awaiting BIOS update

Looks like HT bug also not the cause of my reboots because even with disabled Hyper Threading computer still reboots randomly…

Update 3: BIOS was updated with HT patch and it not helps now i don't know what can be wrong.

Attachments

• 2ce8cc9c10.png
    2ce8cc9c10.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 302
  • EFI.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 324
  • audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Did you fix reboot ?

Not fully success — random reboots happens.

Motherboard: GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU: 4.2GHz i7 7700K
Cooler: 1950RPM Al+Cu Zalman CNPS7X LED
RAM: 16GBx2 2400MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Black CL15
SSD: 250Gb 850 EVO
HDD: 3TB 7200RPM Toshiba P300
Video: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 2Gb
Monitors: primary 2560x1440 27" AOC
secondary 1920x1200 24" Samsung

Both graphics enabled. Monitors attached to GTX card.

Installed as described https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.219877/

All works like it should except random rebooting during work. PC freezes for half of a second then reboot. Seems like disabling power save feature for HDD solved this issue:

View attachment 262845

macOS sleep function works flawless. Intel QuickSync enabled (as i understand, at least AirPlay option exists and programs display Apple VT 264 encoder enabled).

Clover's EFI folder attached. SMBIOS part cleared but you can generate your own in Clover Configurator. I've used `iMac 17,1` definition. Also there also used SSDT for overclocked processors (not sure if this thing really required).

Update: computer rebooted again twice. Now i've removed this SSDT file. Not sure how to check RAM consistency… Aaand that's not helps too

Update 2: enabling/disabling Vd-t also not affected (computer reboots in both states) and now i think it's because of this issue http://archive.is/Cayj5. Awaiting BIOS update

Looks like HT bug also not the cause of my reboots because even with disabled Hyper Threading computer still reboots randomly…

Update 3: BIOS was updated with HT patch and it not helps now i don't know what can be wrong.
Heloo friend, did you fix the reboots? Thnks :)

Does it hppen with Windows or Linux? Maybe the problem is the motherboard. Keep us updated :)

Nope, i've not use Windows but Linux (Ubuntu 17.04 x64) is rock stable.

I've fully reinstalled macOS on last weekend with manually created USB with latest 10.12.6 and clover. And it have not any reboot. Boot have some issues with Electron-based applications — they've not start after PC wake from sleep. Boot seems like i've solved this. I'll update start post with new EFI folder and some new info.

But i have not any reboot from 1 september.

Im running the same system config, but using a GTX 1080, but for some reason Im stuck in a screen with the spinning cursor and a grey block. Did you use a usb 3.0 stick or a 2.0 one and how did you bypass the usb port issue

@mhord, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back