Contribute
Register

Success - Sierra + Kaby Lake i7 7700k + ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 + G.Skill 32GB ddr4-2400 + GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Delphius - Excellent build notes/ guide. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It looks like we have and same MB with a few component variances. You note on page one that your machine sleeps and wakes properly. My build sleeps fine but reboots on wake up. It's not a Kernel panic but a halt/ reboot that clears all temporary data and leaves the Bluetooth connection useless until a cold booth. I wonder why your's is fully working and this build it not.

Different components are a NVMe SSD drive (ReHabman), nVidia GTX 1080 FE video card and more memory. I had 0 issues installing the 10.12.5 - 6 and everything works (including USB 2 and 3, not sure about 3.1) with the exception of the dreaded reboot when waking from sleep. I have been working on this issue for over a month and have tried a lot of things from a number of threads. This is my 5th Hack so I'm pretty familiar with OSX mechanics but this build is a stumper. I may have an edge case with the NVMe and/ or the video card combo or there could be something simple that I'm overlooking. The USB setup with USBInjectAll.kext seems to be working properly and have tried all the darkwakes, FixShutdown, SlpSmiWak and Halt Enabler (off and on). The rest of the SSDT's in /patched were added to try to resolve the wake issue but none have helped.

For sudo pmset -g log|grep -I failure I'm getting the error msg below.
2017-09-04 00:49:32 -0400 Failure Notification Failure during wake due to 0x7340C0204000024:
2017-09-04 01:03:10 -0400 Failure Drivers Failure during wake due to 0x04000027:

I don't see it anywhere so I was wondering if you could drop you EFI/CLOVER config on the reply to this post. I have mine and the IO reg attached to this post for review. Clearly there is something odd or wrong with this config/ hardware combo or something word with ASRock. Any help or thoughts you can assist with would be greatly appreciated.

Build
ASRock Z270 Extreme 4/ BIOS Version: P1. 40/ i7-7700k
64GB Ram
NVMe SSD 960 EVO
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 FE

Very sorry for being so late on this. I have had a very busy few weeks and it has been difficult to keep up on these posts. But I would like to continue being involved and helping out.

Im not exactly sure why you would be having issues with this. Did you ever resolve them? I have only had sleep issues when I wasnt using a GPU like the GTX 1060 or 980. I will make a note to post my current bios with a couple of edits to the serial numbers I use. That way it can be available here on the thread for people to examine and compare.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the GPU to work. When I run MultiBeast my screen turns black after boot.

Did you ever resolve this? Sorry for the delay. My guess is the problem is in the bios you are using. I think its because some of the newer iMac builds do not support certain graphics ports. Does this happen after loading your graphics drivers? What port are you using when this happens (HDMI, display port, etc?

Just an update at this point, this build sits in a multimedia studio I work with and has worked flawlessly ever since. It gets used on a daily basis, loading high quality VST instruments that are very resource demanding. Its part of the reason why I havnt been hanging out here as often, maybe its time for a new hackintosh build project lol.

Hey!
I'm going to build a Hackintosh and your build seems very suitable for what I need (Photoshop, Illustrator, Video editing etc). Would you build anything different if you were building it today? Im thinking of a 1060 GPU instead of the 980.

Hey!
I'm going to build a Hackintosh and your build seems very suitable for what I need (Photoshop, Illustrator, Video editing etc). Would you build anything different if you were building it today? Im thinking of a 1060 GPU instead of the 980.

So far this build has been a dream to work on. I think my only mistake is having the 980 instead of the 1060, but its not a critical thing since they are pretty similar gpu's in performance. My choice to get the 980 at the time was based off of not knowing whether or not pascal drivers were going to be released for Mac OS platform. They came out within a week of me buying the card.

I use the computer mostly for music production, so the GPU requirements are very minimal. However it is plenty powerful to do video and photo editing, minus a good set of SSD hard drives if you want to do 4k video. The price is very fair for the performance that you get. I will eventually through another 32GBs of ram and a 500GB SSD drive to top off VSTi performance.

I have the same motherboard as you but I can't detect any disk when I have to select one for OS installation in Disk Utility. Can you share with me your BIOS settings? Please explaine what did you adjust on your BIOS or just save your User UEFI Setup Profile to disk and share with all of us with the same motherboard.

I have the same motherboard as you but I can't detect any disk when I have to select one for OS installation in Disk Utility. Can you share with me your BIOS settings? Please explaine what did you adjust on your BIOS or just save your User UEFI Setup Profile to disk and share with all of us with the same motherboard.

I dont remember doing anything other than the guide posted in the opening thread. I dont remember there being anything special with the hard drive. Have you formatted the hard drive to HFS+ before starting the installation process? Or is it not showing up at all in disk utility?

I dont remember doing anything other than the guide posted in the opening thread. I dont remember there being anything special with the hard drive. Have you formatted the hard drive to HFS+ before starting the installation process? Or is it not showing up at all in disk utility?
I have SSD Samsung (same as you but 1TB) and Toshiba 3TB HDD but I can't see them at all in disk utility. It is a brand new machine and I don't know if disks are properly formated but as I know they should be visible in disk utilty anyway.

Darkwake=8 seems to work well for sleep for the time being, worst case I just disable sleep...

Hey!
I bought the same setup as you except with a 1060 but I'm having problems installing the hackintosh. Is the usb 2.0 header cable a necessity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back