Contribute
Register

Success - Sierra + Kaby Lake i7 7700k + ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 + G.Skill 32GB ddr4-2400 + GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked and it is grayed out. I also checked nvda_drv=1 on the boot page of Clover Configuator. I went back into config.plist with Clover Configuator a second time to confirm they were active and checked and they were. Still not working. I'm not clear on how web drivers work without having to select that in OS. With both emuvariableuefi-64.efi active and nvda_drv=1 in boot if I do not choose web drivers drivers they are not active when I get to OS. When I choose web drives I get about half way through progress bar at boot and computer hangs. I must be missing something...

Just to be clear, you are not able to boot at all after selecting nvda_drv=1 or webdriver to on? Or is it booting and just not activating the web driver? I think if its not booting then we need to be looking at different things. Not sure if it will help, but try disabling things like igpu multi-monitor support in the BIOS. Just to rule out any conflicts it could be having with the HD630.

Normally things should still boot, but you will not have 3d acceleration if clover isnt set up correctly. Also double check to make sure you are using 14, 2 or perhaps regenerate a bios config for 14, 2. I know that if I have 16, 2 selected everything will start fine, but I get a black screen.

As mentioned before, feel free to upload the EFI folder. I will be stopping by the studio later so I can look through more of my setting to see if there is something different I missed.

Just to be clear, you are not able to boot at all after selecting nvda_drv=1 or webdriver to on? Or is it booting and just not activating the web driver? I think if its not booting then we need to be looking at different things. Not sure if it will help, but try disabling things like igpu multi-monitor support in the BIOS. Just to rule out any conflicts it could be having with the HD630.

Normally things should still boot, but you will not have 3d acceleration if clover isnt set up correctly. Also double check to make sure you are using 14, 2 or perhaps regenerate a bios config for 14, 2. I know that if I have 16, 2 selected everything will start fine, but I get a black screen.

As mentioned before, feel free to upload the EFI folder. I will be stopping by the studio later so I can look through more of my setting to see if there is something different I missed.
When I boot with nvda_drv=1 in boot and emuvariableuefi-64.efi active with out web drivers I can boot to low res screen and no nividia driver. If I activate web driver it gets black screen about half way through progress bar. I'm not using 14,2 , I'm using 17,1. I will go back to 16,2 to make this work...

When I boot with nvda_drv=1 in boot and emuvariableuefi-64.efi active with out web drivers I can boot to low res screen and no nividia driver. If I activate web driver it gets black screen about half way through progress bar. I'm not using 14,2 , I'm using 17,1. I will go back to 16,2 to make this work...

Ah ok then this is because you are using 16, 2 or 17, 1. Everything is actually booting fine, but the display output is incorrect. I think it is because 16, 2 and 17, 1 are imacs that are defaulted to use mini display or thunderbolt for external display (I think). Basically I think it just isnt recognizing or using your current output so it blank. But since it is a black screen like this, it actually means that the web driver is working. If you want to use 16,2 or 17, 1 you will have to apply the AGDPfix patch mentioned by borob. Or if you switch the profile to 14, 2 it will work just fine. I dont think there are any disadvantages between using 14, 2 over the others.

Just as additional info, I am using 17,1 definition with igpu disabled in BIOS. With this definition you have to apply the AGDPfix after every nvidia driver installation or you will get a black screen.
Both nvda_drv=1 and NvidiaWeb checked in Clover configurator. :p
IGPU multiple monitor disabled in bios. I also ran AGDPfix. Still not go. I changed to 16,2 and this fixed it. Running in 1440p is sooo much better :)

Thank you to Delphius, borob, and others that helped! So psyched!

Last edited:
Seems like a nice config. :thumbup: I agree with you on the TridentZ - I was thinking about buying an orange kit, but couldn't justify the extra money. :think:

In the meantime I've checked out the Lilu kext method, used this guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ro-k1200-samsung-960pro-nvme-imac17-1.215787/

It says you need both the HECI to IMEI and HDAS to HDEF patches (I already had both present).
Also set audio injection to 11. Copy Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to kexts/10.12 in Clover EFI folder, restart and bamm, you are good to go. :headbang:
Just checked the green output with a headphone and digital output, also DD and DTS passthrough with Kodi works OK. :clap:

View attachment 251911
Followed your instructions and sound is working. Thanks! Time to try some gaming now...

Delpjius or borob, Are either of you dual booting with Windows and Sierra on two different hard drives? I'm getting some odd behavior. I have Sierra installed on SATA Samsung 850 Pro 265GB and Windows 10 installed on M.2 NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 500GB. When I choose the Windows drive in Clover it hangs and does not boot.

I can see both drives in storage configuration in BIOS. When I go to Boot tab and boot options in BIOS, the 960 is not available as boot option. Also, when I choose F11 when booting for boot options it lists nothing. The only way I have now to boot to Windows is by not having 850 in boot options at all in BIOS. Even though I do not have 960 selected as boot option, it boots to this drive and Windows.

Any ideas?

Here are benchmarks:
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 10.39.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 10.38.40 AM.png

Delpjius or borob, Are either of you dual booting with Windows and Sierra on two different hard drives? I'm getting some odd behavior. I have Sierra installed on SATA Samsung 850 Pro 265GB and Windows 10 installed on M.2 NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 500GB. When I choose the Windows drive in Clover it hangs and does not boot.

I can see both drives in storage configuration in BIOS. When I go to Boot tab and boot options in BIOS, the 960 is not available as boot option. Also, when I choose F11 when booting for boot options it lists nothing. The only way I have now to boot to Windows is by not having 850 in boot options at all in BIOS. Even though I do not have 960 selected as boot option, it boots to this drive and Windows.

Any ideas?
I've only used dual boot from the same drive over the years and did some testing for new versions on another SSD, but here are a few things I've picked up:
1. There is an option in the Clover boot menu to add all boot options to the UEFI boot selection (you can also remove entries with the UEFI console).
2. To avoid any issues with EFI partitions, overwriting MBR, changing active partition by installer, etc., always disconnect any other drive in the system during OS installs.
3. You could try reinstalling clover on the 850, sometimes when I've messed up my "boot" with OS installs it did help me.

Just out of curiosity do you have a Microsoft folder in your EFI folder on the 850?

I can see both drives in storage configuration in bios. When I go to Boot tab and boot options in bios the 960 is not available as boot option. Also when I choose F11 when booting for boot options it lists nothing. The only way I have now to boot to Windows is by not having 850 in boot options at all in Bios. Even though I do not have 960 selected as boot option it boots to this drive and Windows.

Any ideas?

Its usually a good idea to install Sierra with the Windows drive unplugged. When you mount your EFI in Clover Configurator, do you have two EFI's that show up? If not Sierra may have overwritten to the wrong drive. Hopefully it didnt wipe out the Windows EFI. I would start with mounting the EFI's and making sure everything looks intact. I am not dual booting on my Kaby Lake, but my skylake build at home is multiboot Windows, Linux, and Sierra.

Here is a snap of my EFI mounter in CC.
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 11.33.24 AM.png

Snap of NO NAME (Windows EFI) / EFI. You should see a Windows file.
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 11.33.32 AM.png

However after re-reading your post it seems the Windows EFI is intact. I havnt experienced this problem directly, but I have read about it happening. I think the UEFI entry in the UEFI has been deleted. I would try unplugging the Sierra drive, then running Windows recovery. I think if you run the automatic problem detection it will fix boot registries. There are also simple ways to do this if you run recovery console. If that doesnt work I have also seen methods using a linux live boot and manually re-entering things. But we can dig into that if needed.

For Clover something to consider which I have not experienced is whether there are any particular drivers clover needs to use to boot the M.2. I wonder this because if your EFI is intact and clover recognizes Windows in the list, it would seem it should boot here even if the other the other issues are present with the UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back