Contribute
Register

Success - Sierra + Kaby Lake i7 7700k + ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 + G.Skill 32GB ddr4-2400 + GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how people fix iMessage that easily, I literally did that guide 3x to the letter and it still won't login.
I got iMessage running with no problems following the "iDiots guide to iMessage".

Success! I don't know what I did but I was able to input FakeCPUID this time. I have run MultiBeast and everything seems to be running OK. I have not tried sound yet. I downloaded Nvidia web drivers and installed, but apparently I'm having same issue as Delphius. I have to disable web drivers at boot now to get it to work.

How do I activate EmuVariableUefi-64? I can not find this option in Clover Configuator.

I ran EFI Mounter 3 and I found EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file in the drivers64UEFI folder. Do I copy this and where do I put it?

Last edited:
Yeah I did that 3x and nothing. Literally to the letter.

I had troubles with the Idiots Guide as well. They guide I have posted in the first thread for iMessage has always worked perfect for me. http://www.fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html?m=1

One key note is the spot where it asks you to copy and paste the generated Serial Number to the Board Serial Number, make sure the 5 digit numbers you add at the end are hex. Even the screenshots on this guide do not show all hex examples so its an easy thing to miss. After the UUIDGEN input, just copy and paste the string of commands in terminal to reset all of the configs. Works every time now for me without a hitch.

Success! I don't know what I did but I was able to input FakeCPUID this time. I have run MultiBeast and everything seems to be running OK. I have not tried sound yet. I downloaded Nvidia web drivers and installed, but apparently I'm having same issue as Delphius. I have to disable web drivers at boot now to get it to work.

How do I activate EmuVariableUefi-64? I can not find this option in Clover Configuator.

I ran EFI Mounter 3 and I found EmuVariableUefi-64.efi file in the drivers64UEFI folder. Do I copy this and where do I put it?

Congratulations on the install! Happy to hear the FakeCPUID worked as well. If EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is in the drivers64UEFI then you are good to go.

Just a heads up my nvidia is working in both of my computers with a GTX 980, as well as a GTX 970. Before I had the emuvariableuefi-64.efi loaded it would not work, even with Nvidia web drivers in clover. However right now in Clover I have the NvidiaWeb unticked in System Parameters, but I am using nvda_drv=1 in boot configuration. I had read that the NvidiaWeb was supposed to be used instead, but it doesn't seem to be the case for me. Also, what is the problem it is giving you when you have it turn on?

Congratulations on the install! Happy to hear the FakeCPUID worked as well. If EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is in the drivers64UEFI then you are good to go.

Just a heads up my nvidia is working in both of my computers with a GTX 980, as well as a GTX 970. Before I had the emuvariableuefi-64.efi loaded it would not work, even with nvidia webdrivers in clover. However right now in Clover I have the NvidiaWeb unticked in System Parameters, but I am using nvda_drv=1 in boot configuration. I had read that the NvidiaWeb was supposed to be used instead, but it doesnt seem to be the case for me. Also, what is the problem it is giving you when you have it turn on?
So I need to add "nvda_drv=1" to config.plist and uncheck webdrivers in clover, correct?

I unchecked webdrivers in clover at boot and put nvda_drv=1 in boot arguments and it did not work.

Thanks!

Last edited:
So I need to add "nvda_drv=1" to config.plist and uncheck webdrivers in clover, correct?

I unchecked webdrivers in clover at boot and put nvda_drv=1 in boot arguments and it did not work.

Thanks!

I might have missed something, but I'm not sure whether or not you've checked emuvariableuefi-64.efi during clover installation.
Nonetheless, you can check if emuvariableuefi-64.efi driver is activated/installed at Install Drivers menu in Clover Configurator.
If not, just activate it (should be grey) and reboot.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 17.06.20.png

I might have missed something, but I'm not sure whether or not you've checked emuvariableuefi-64.efi during clover installation.
Nonetheless, you can check if emuvariableuefi-64.efi driver is activated/installed at Install Drivers menu in Clover Configurator.
If not, just activate it (should be grey) and reboot.

View attachment 254193
I checked and it is grayed out. I also checked nvda_drv=1 on the boot page of Clover Configuator. I went back into config.plist with Clover Configuator a second time to confirm they were active and checked and they were. Still not working. I'm not clear on how web drivers work without having to select that in OS. With both emuvariableuefi-64.efi active and nvda_drv=1 in boot if I do not choose web drivers drivers they are not active when I get to OS. When I choose web drives I get about half way through progress bar at boot and computer hangs. I must be missing something...

I checked and it is grayed out. I also checked nvda_drv=1 on the boot page of Clover Configuator. I went back into config.plist with Clover Configuator a second time to confirm they were active and checked and they were. Still not working. I'm not clear on how web drivers work without having to select that in OS. With both emuvariableuefi-64.efi active and nvda_drv=1 in boot if I do not choose web drivers drivers they are not active when I get to OS. When I choose web drives I get about half way through progress bar at boot and computer hangs. I must be missing something...

When I didn't had the emuvariable installed it booted fine for me, but without 3d acceleration, so it could be something else.
Do you have anything in the ACPI/patched folder?
Maybe you could try to inject your gpu with an ssdt and see if it solves the boot crash.
Also, try to boot with -v (verbose mode) option added at boot to see what kind of error message you get when it doesn't boot.
If you want you can upload your EFI folder for us to check, maybe someone can spot what's missing/wrong. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back