Contribute
Register

Success - Sierra + Kaby Lake i7 7700k + ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 + G.Skill 32GB ddr4-2400 + GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet.
Devices show up after applying Toleda's script, but I've got the same as the last few pages in the "No sound" topic.
Youtube or iTunes can't even start the playback. I'm sure he will figure it out soon. :)
Until then I'm fine with HDMI and DP audio from nvidia card.

I had a moment to try out the post install for the onboard audio this evening but I didnt have any luck. I tried the standard methods by simply loading kext drivers out of multibeast using the Realtek 1150 driver as well as the Realtek 100 series which did not work. I also tried a few things in clover that are in the guide from the first post but that didnt work either. It could need some ID spoofing or changing in the clover config but after a bit of trying I decided to quit. At least from these initial tests I have determined that it is not so out of the box ready yet.

Also as a side note for those of you needing an alternative for audio either temporary or permanent for their hackintosh, I would recommend the Behringer UCA222 USB interface.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0023BYDHK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I have a few of these around myself for these types of situations. They are fully class compliant which means it works with anything you plug it into without drivers. As long as you have working USB on your hackintosh, it just works right out of the box. It also works for things like raspberry pi which is a huge upgrade what it has built in. They also sound very good in my opinion, and most of the time better sounding than what is onboard in most situations. The DAC isnt considered high def in todays standards since it is locked to a maximum 48khz, but to me it still sounds much better than most of the DACs rated at 96khz or higher. It uses a Burr Brown DAC which are considered to be professional standard. I pretty much use it exclusively when I cant use higher end interfaces in the studio. It is however only stereo, so people requiring surround sound solutions might need to try something different.

For 200-series motherboards you need to add the HDAS to HDEF DSDT patch in Clover (or SSDT or other method), then devices will be shown in System report, IOreg, DPCIManager, etc.
I've also set audioID injection to 1 in Clover, which in theory should be OK.

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 15.13.48.png Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 15.14.14.png Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 15.18.57.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-01 at 15.17.44.png

From here, the ALC script should do the rest. Devices do show up in Sound preferences, but not really working, so the script still needs some tuning.
I've seen other topics around about using other methods, for example with Lilu kext, but haven't tried any of them yet.

Delphius and bobrob,

Thanks for your help on this. I pulled the trigger and the Z270 Extreme4, i5-7600K, and G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series will be here tomorrow. I decided the G.SKILL TridentZ was not worth the extra money. Looking very forward to this build! Are there any decent but cheap 5.1 options with USB audio that will work with Sierra? I need analog rear output.

Last edited:
Seems like a nice config. :thumbup: I agree with you on the TridentZ - I was thinking about buying an orange kit, but couldn't justify the extra money. :think:

In the meantime I've checked out the Lilu kext method, used this guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ro-k1200-samsung-960pro-nvme-imac17-1.215787/

It says you need both the HECI to IMEI and HDAS to HDEF patches (I already had both present).
Also set audio injection to 11. Copy Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to kexts/10.12 in Clover EFI folder, restart and bamm, you are good to go. :headbang:
Just checked the green output with a headphone and digital output, also DD and DTS passthrough with Kodi works OK. :clap:

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 16.16.26.png

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    476.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    68.2 KB · Views: 100
Seems like a nice config. :thumbup: I agree with you on the TridentZ - I was thinking about buying an orange kit, but couldn't justify the extra money. :think:

In the meantime I've checked out the Lilu kext method, used this guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ro-k1200-samsung-960pro-nvme-imac17-1.215787/

It says you need both the HECI to IMEI and HDAS to HDEF patches (I already had both present).
Also set audio injection to 11. Copy Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext to kexts/10.12 in Clover EFI folder, restart and bamm, you are good to go. :headbang:
Just checked the green output with a headphone and digital output, also DD and DTS passthrough with Kodi works OK. :clap:

View attachment 251911
Great news! Thank you!

For 200-series motherboards you need to add the HDAS to HDEF DSDT patch in Clover (or SSDT or other method), then devices will be shown in System report, IOreg, DPCIManager, etc.
I've also set audioID injection to 1 in Clover, which in theory should be OK.

View attachment 251899 View attachment 251900 View attachment 251902View attachment 251901

From here, the ALC script should do the rest. Devices do show up in Sound preferences, but not really working, so the script still needs some tuning.
I've seen other topics around about using other methods, for example with Lilu kext, but haven't tried any of them yet.

Thanks for the details. I think I have done a few of these things but I dont know if I did everything correctly. Also I set my audioID injection to 11 so I think I need to play around a bit with the config. I might have applied the HDAS to HDEF DSDT patch incorrectly as well. I few tweaks here and there and it will probably work.

Ill post an update when I am able to try it again.

Delphius and bobrob,

Thanks for your help on this. I pulled the trigger and the Z270 Extreme4, i5-7600K, and G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series will be here tomorrow. I decided the G.SKILL TridentZ was not worth the extra money. Looking very forward to this build! Are there any decent but cheap 5.1 options with USB audio that will work with Sierra? I need analog rear output.

Congrats! Im not totally sure of anything USB and surround sound capable. But I have a good feeling that onboard is going to work for you. I think I would have my own working at this point if it was a priority or my only option. Its more like a missing puzzle piece for me lol. Ill be spending some time at the studio today so if I get a chance to work on it some more I will let you know.

Delphius (or others).

I'm trying to install on my machine. In the guide at logicbugs they discuss editing the Config.plist within Clover Configurator. My issue is that I'm running 10.7.2 on my notebook and it says it has to be 10.8 to use clover. I was hoping that I would not have to update the older notebook (HP ProBook 4530s) now... I have looked all over the web to find a version of Clover Configurator that runs on 10.7.2 with no luck. Any ideas? Anyone know where to find version of CC that will work on 10.7.2? Thanks!

Delphius (or others).

I'm trying to install on my machine. In the guide at logicbugs they discuss editing the Config.plist within Clover Configurator. My issue is that I'm running 10.7.2 on my notebook and it says it has to be 10.8 to use clover. I was hoping that I would not have to update the older notebook (HP ProBook 4530s) now... I have looked all over the web to find a version of Clover Configurator that runs on 10.7.2 with no luck. Any ideas? Anyone know where to find version of CC that will work on 10.7.2? Thanks!

What are you trying to edit to get it to install? You may have to do some manual editing to the config.plist. I think its preferable that you use a code editor for this instead of the mac os text editor. Adding things manually isnt too difficult, and there are several guides that show you. We can help you figure that out if its needed. But im just wondering if you might be able to get OSX on the hackintosh and do the editing post install with CC. Are you loading Sierra on to the new machine? The only thing that I can think of that needs changed pre-install is the CPU fakeID if you are using Kaby Lake. Maybe just on the safe side you could manually load any USB fixes pre install so that you have full access to USB. But Im pretty sure in my case the first two usb ports are recognized out of the box. I just copy all my post install tools over to the Sierra Install thumb drive so they are available as soon as things are up and running.

Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back