Contribute
Register

Success - Sierra build - Mini Guide to get Thunderbolt 3 working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that post on gearslutz, I doubt that it was true as he didn't follow up with any of the questions asking him how or to post screenshots.

Yeah, I told Antelope there was probably a large group of people who would buy UAD instead. I think that's what prompted him to pass it on the the driver devs :lol:

Im able to collaborate to get it work :D
my Antelope is available to any kind of test.
I have some machines all with thunderbolt.
X299 , x99, Series 100, Series 300 ...

Also 2 MacBook Pro and 1 Air

Regards!

Im able to collaborate to get it work :D
my Antelope is available to any kind of test.
I have some machines all with thunderbolt.
X299 , x99, Series 100, Series 300 ...

Also 2 MacBook Pro and 1 Air

Regards!

Hi srmusico,

I have no idea what I'm doing really. We can't provide you with instructions, you'll just have to try some things out and let us know what you find....

Try to be systematic in your tests.

I'm following this conversation to see if it gets resolved. I have 3 antelope audio interfaces which are all thunderbolt compatible, and they work fine with my Macbook Pro 2018, but I can only get them to work via USB on my hackintosh.

The weirdest part of the situation is that when I have my Macbook and my hackintosh on the same WiFi network, if I connect the audio interfaces via thunderbolt to the Macbook, they show up in the antelope launcher on my hackintosh.

So lots of people are probably interested in getting our antelope devices working, I think you should all pile on the pressure with antelope, try and get your info and requests passed on to the antelope driver devs and maybe they'll fix it. As UAD works, our best guess is that the antelope drivers are dependant on Mac OS Thunderbolt Local node, although we know they don't have to be because Windows has no such thing... This would suggest antelope would be able to fix the problem by changing their drivers and I think this seems more likely than the Hackingtosh community getting local node working at the moment...

The weirdest part of the situation is that when I have my Macbook and my hackintosh on the same WiFi network, if I connect the audio interfaces via thunderbolt to the Macbook, they show up in the antelope launcher on my hackintosh.

Actually that's not weird, antelope devices are available across the network, it's one of their features over UAD devices. I think this is where it's going wrong on the hackingtosh and why the antelope audio cards need local node - to provide network support via thunderbolt, which to be honest I don't think many people use - I certainly never will, nor any of the other studios i've seen with antelope cards.

Still no luck here. The best bet is to get the hackingtosh community working on fully implementing TB - getting Thunderbolt bus / local node working. I haven't a clue so couldn't;t help I'm afraid but there does't seem to be many conversations about it either.

I also contacted Antelope support and got this response:

I believe antelopes driver uses thunderbolt local node somehow (in case devices are networked) and as thunderbolt networking doesn't work on hackingtoshes yet this is probably why the drivers don't work. This would explain why the UAD apollos work as they don't have the network capability. But these are all just guesses, I'm way out of my depth. I would greatly appreciate insight from someone who knows what they're talking about!
Got someone here to Dig for Antelope Thunderbolt on Hackintosh. Those who are working with Antelope and Hackintosh can push to Antelope Team to make their compatible to Hackintosh also. But actually most of the Mac users of Antelope are on real Macs.

Anyways am also on the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back