1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
COMPONENTS

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 REV 1.1 BIOS Version F5
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake CPU
Ram: Crucial Ballistrix Sport LT 16 GB (2-8GB Sticks) DDR4-2400 (PC3-19200)
Video: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (refurbished)
CPU Cooler: Enermax T40F-TB, 6.3 inch (160mm) height
SSD Samsung 850EVO 120 GB SSD
Power Supply: Enermax Triathlor ECOETL550AWT-M, 550W, Semi-Modular
Case: Antec GX 500 Window Mid Tower ATX
Blu Ray Burner: LG
Wireless: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCI Express Adapter
Operating System: Apple MaCOS Sierra 10.12 from Apple App Store
Monitor: ASUS 25" IPS LED 16:9 Monitor 2560 x 1440 WQHD (PB258Q) with blue light filter
Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless Logitech. No bluetooth accessories used or owned
Speakers: Cyber-Acoustics CA-2988 USB powered 2-piece speaker system
=======================================================

THE BEGINNING:

This is a guide used to install Sierra using the MultiBeast method rather than the Clover method. With the exception of no audio functioning, the initial installation went very smoothly. For the audio the applicable MultiBeast audio drivers were reinstalled with good fresults.

The Sierra iinstalled pc temperatures and speed performances were good. The Geekbench test results were:
5115 (single-Core Score) 20544 (Multi-Core Score)
(Overclocked BIOS Performance Upgrade > 100% Upgrade)

4765 (single-Core Score) 18071 (Multi-Core Score)
(Unclocked Default BIOS f Performance Upgrade > Auto)

PREPARATION and INSTALLATION

PART 1
Downloading of macOS Sierra (Done on any Mac computer)

Download macOS Sierra from Apple App Store using a Mac computer (herein called base Mac for ref only) running OS
10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. After download is completed,

install macOS Sierra image will show in the application file. Leave install image as is without changes or activation.

PART 2
Making of USB Flash Drive with UniBeast and MultiBeast Installed (Done on base Mac computer)

Create a bootable usb flash drive based on Tonymacx86 instructions entitled:

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Name used for bootable usb flash drive is USB
Software used: UniBeast 7.0.1, MultiBeast 9.0.1, and macOS 10.12
Images on created USB flash drive are: Install macOS Sierra, EFI Backups, and MultiBeast-Sierra-Edition-9.0.1 zip

PART 3 Setting of BIOS on Z170X-Gaming 5 installed pc.

Installation done with displayport connected GT760 graphic card and usb3 connected usb powered speakers. Printer
also connected.

Adjust BIOS> M.I.T, BIOS Features, Peripherals, Chipset and Power Management settings as follows:

1 Power-on, press F2/Delete to enter BIOS. Press F7 for Optimized Default, yes,return.
2 Select M.I.T > Advanced Frequency Setting > Extreme Memory Profile (X,M,P) > Profile1 (default=Disabled)
3 BIOS Features > Storage Boot Option Control > UEFI only (default=Legacy only)
4 Pheripherals > XHCI Hand-off > enabled (default= disabled)
Pheripherals > Super IO Configuration, Serial Port 1 > disabled (default=enabled)
5 Chipset > Verify VT-d is disabled
Chipset > IOAPIC 24-119 > disabled (defaust=enabled)
6 Power Management > ErP > enabled (default-disabled). Enabled prevents the mouse movement or keyboard from
starting the pc 7 Press F10, save and exit Shutdown computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 4 Installation of Sierra on a hard drive or SSD

1 Install a new or used SSD and insert USB flash drive into a rear panel usb2 slot.
2 Turn on computer and press F12. When input choices appear, select UEFI: OS (flash drive containing USB).
3 When Boot MAC OS X from USB appears go to Options by pressing > key until etc. On Options press space bar
and view Boot Args. The default arg are dart=0 nv_disable=1 then return. If not then insert dart and nv args.
4 Select Boot MAC OS X from USB. The screen will susequently turn white and then dark gray (less than 5 minutes)
before instructions appear.
5 Select language of interest. When macOS screen appears, select Utilities, then Disk Utility. Highlight the inserted SSD
image shown on left screen side for Sierra installation.
6 Select Erase, use Name of Sierra, Format of Mac OS Extended (Journaled). And Scheme of GUID Partition Map. Click
Erase. After SSD name of Sierra is verified, select Done and quit Disk Utility.
7 When MacOS screen appears, select continue, continue, agree. Select Sierra image, continue.
8 The computer will restart in about 9 minutes although the screen shows an installing time of about 12 minutes.
9 After restart, Boot MAC OS X from USB image will appear. Click > on keyboard until Boot MAC OS X from Sierra
appears then enter. In about two minutes instructions will appear on Welcome screen, keyboard selection. Wi-Fi
Network selection, Transfer Information, Location Service activation, Apple ID sign in, etc
10 Select hard drive selection on the Finder Menu > Preferences to place the Sierra SSD image on upper right side of
screen
11 Click System Preference and select settings of Desktop & Screen Saver, Dock, Security & Privacy , Energy Saver,
Mouse, Date & Time, and Accessibility (to change display cursor size)
12 Double click the USB image on the screen. Then double click the MultiBeast-Sierra-Edition-9.0.1.zip image which result
in MultiBeast-Sierra Edition file
13 Double click the MultiBeast-Sierra Edition file. Select the red MultiBeast apple image and then complete the following
selections:

Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > 100 series audio
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > Misc > Fake SMC HWMonitor Application v6.21-311-g2958f55.1723
Drivers > Network > IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
14 Click build, continue, install MultiBeast, sign in, and password. Finally, enable trim on the Sierra SSD by inserting “sudo
trimforce enable” on the terminal.

15 Comments

If no sound output from rear panel port, then reapply MultiBeast audio drivers ALC1150 and 100 series audio.

Installation of HDMI audio to the ASUS monitor: Done using info from a search on:Firefox or Google:
Guide: HDMI Audio by andrejkw dated Nov, 30, 2012 found on MacRumors.com

Installation of USB3 functions: Based on KextBeast and RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0414.zip obtained from tonymacx86.

All Mac functions and applications of interest stil have not been tested, only the web browser Firefox, Google, Opera, and
Sophos Anti-Virus have been checked.

Thank you Tonymacx86 very much for all the provided informations for successful installations.

I just installed Sierra with the same processor and motherboard. This post is gong to help a lot. Cheers for sharing.

Installation seemed to go ok, but I'm having three problems:

1) Using the Ethernet port on the MB. Works on initial Desktop boot before the MultiBeast step. On subsequent reboots, Ethernet shows "Not Connected" This one has me the most stumped since it seemed to work "out of the box." UPDATE: Installing the Atheros E2200 Ethernet v2.2.0d0 network drivers resolved this.

2) No sound, no output device showing in sound settings. I've run MultiBeast and installed the ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio drivers multiple times. UPDATE: The fourth time installing the audio drivers seemed to make it work. Yay!

3) Graphics corruption on initial login. I have a EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked, so I assume I have to get the nVidia web drivers to resolve this. (I can't do that easily until I fix #1, which is my first priority.)

This is my first Hackintosh, and I'm still scouring posts for help, but any tips would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Cheers for the update, I'll try the Atheros E2200 Ethernet driver now, I'm 3 hours struggling with the ethernet so far.

update - Working, thank you so much!

Last edited:
Did you have any success with the Graphics card?

Installation seemed to go ok, but I'm having three problems:

1) Using the Ethernet port on the MB. Works on initial Desktop boot before the MultiBeast step. On subsequent reboots, Ethernet shows "Not Connected" This one has me the most stumped since it seemed to work "out of the box." UPDATE: Installing the Atheros E2200 Ethernet v2.2.0d0 network drivers resolved this.

2) No sound, no output device showing in sound settings. I've run MultiBeast and installed the ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio drivers multiple times. UPDATE: The fourth time installing the audio drivers seemed to make it work. Yay!

3) Graphics corruption on initial login. I have a EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked, so I assume I have to get the nVidia web drivers to resolve this. (I can't do that easily until I fix #1, which is my first priority.)

This is my first Hackintosh, and I'm still scouring posts for help, but any tips would be appreciated!

Did you have any success with the Graphics card?

I did! It actually worked fine on the first try by installing the Web Driver and using these instructions, but I managed to break it again later by futzing around with my config to get iMessage working. I did eventually fix everything again, though, and learned a lot about config.plist and EFI in the process.

Since then, I've also managed to install Windows 10 on a separate SSD and dual-boot them with Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back