i5 2500k
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

After many years of good services, I have decided to upgrade my Lion hackintosh (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/desktop-base-on-ga-z68x-ud3h-b3.64691/). I change my SSD to a sandisk ultra ii 480Go.

CONFIGURATION
  • GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 v1.3
  • i5 2500k
  • Gigabyte GTX 680 2048Mo
  • 8 Go RAM
  • 480 Go SSD Sandisk ultra II
  • Dell u2410 (1920x1200) connected through display port
I use a dual boot with Windows 10.

BIOS
I tried a fresh install with F12 BIOS, but I have any success to reboot. It was time to upgrade to UEFI.

INSTALLATION
I only follow steps from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

In multibeast, I put the following options :

For now, I have tests :
  • Sounds : OK
  • Network : gigabit OK
  • Sleep mode : OK
  • Benchmarks : CPU / SSD
TODO :
  • Test USB3
I am pretty lucky because no need to hack any files, or manual configurations. This installation is much faster than Lion installation.

Benchmarks

CPU

sierra_geekbench.png

GPU

sierra_geekbench_graph.png

Links

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same MBoard and CPU but with a 560Ti .
can you post un update after a few days running your config ?
Sound is still OK after going to sleep and waking up again ?
Graphics ? all 3D hardware acceleration working ?
Sleep + wake up ?

thank you for your feedback.
shouldl do mine (which is on El Cap.) later this month.

I too have same system but using a GeForce GTX 460 768 MB "dual monitors" which i cannot get full acceleration. How was the GPU was it hard to get working or did it work OOB. If i cannot get my GPU working i looking to buy a new GPU that i can use dual monitors.

Hi,

Yes, I'll try next week to give a feedback.

EDIT : sleep mode is okay and I've sound and network after wake up. I post geekbench results

EDIT 2 : after few days of usage, no bugs for now.

EDIT 3 : @kdolaac it's working OOB, Have you try to look https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-0-367-15-10-05.200843/ ?

EDIT 4 : First bug on wake up, boot loop and BIOS error display. The display announce a trouble to boot up and maybe it come from BIOS configuration. I change auto frequency on memory to fix value, wait & see

Last edited:
I'll check in system report and try with usb drive (I forgot to test)

Anyone tested this method with onboard video from i5 2500k (Intel® HD Graphics 3000)?
I'm getting error on Multibeast to install just this GPU.
Thanks in advance.

Hey i have the 2500k and the z68x UD3h b3 without a graphics card but i have a problem. When i turn off the hackintosh and restart it get the sign saying i have no operating system.
but when i reboot it a second time it boots normally in Mac OS. I don't know why ...
can someone help me its actually my first hackintosh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back