Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Sierra 10.12 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 (v1.3) | 2500K | GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
MultiBeast for (IIRC) El Capitan and newer macOS installs the kexts in /L/E/.

USB 3.0 ports started working properly for me under Sierra 10.10.2 with UEFI BIOS U1n after removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Any chance you could post screen grabs of your bios settings? I can't seem to get mine working on U1N.

Hello guys.

Did anyone get a proper USB 3.0 installation for Sierra on this board? I can´t figure it out. My specs say that I have USB 3.0 but my speeds are very slow (2.0ish)

I had Mountain Lion installed before on this board and USB 3.0 worked really nice! (on Bios f12)

Last edited:
i had it working (inc front ones) till I use last Multibeast recently. I spent same time last year on this and I dont remember what I did. now they not even visible at all. Please share if you find out.
Btw its not UD5H tread but solution may be the same

Interesting. Any USB tweaks in Clover used for your system? Also, you running legacy BIOS or the beta UEFI?

Also, what PCIEx1 slot do you have it plugged into?

Hi,

I'm just now trying to do a similar upgrade, but I'm stuck kind of early on...

I stopped keeping this system up to date, so I'm re-learning a bunch of stuff...

I updated the BIOS to UEFI U1N

I created my install drive with UniBeast using High Sierra/UEFI Boot Mode.

My problem is that I can seem to boot the USB drive fine, but it never lists 'Install High Sierra'.

I can boot my old El Capitan drive and that seems to work ok, but the High Sierra one just shows a clover logo and no drives to choose from.

I'm quite likely missing something stupid, but I'm kind of stuck, so I figured I'd ask for help in case this is something common that I've managed to miss.

This is the basic specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 BIOS U1N
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
Video: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB

When I stop the boot to choose a boot device, there's a long list, but PMAP appears to boot my drive. I don't see an entry for USB:NameOfDrive, which is partly making me think I've got a BIOS setup issue. I did try to 'load optimized defaults' but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Building an Install Sierra disk worked right away, so it was using the 'non-official' full download that was messing me up. Installed Sierra just long enough to download High Sierra. Building High Sierra from it worked right away... I'm mid-install right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back