Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Sierra 10.12 Clover | GA-Z68x-UD3H-B3 (v1.3) | 2500K | GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that AHCI is the only working and stable solution, RAID is experimental.
I have a software-Raid, works fine in AHCI-Mode with Chimera-Bootloader.

Hey i'm thinking about updating to U1n too. you did it like explained on this thread?

I updated to U1n from U1l. The unneeded boot entries (old USB boot-sticks etc.) are gone. I did it yesterday with Gigabytes Q-Flash, which is very easy.

No issues. Nothing bad, nothing better than before.

One important thing: Do not use your old UEFI-profiles. I did it. Saved a U1l profile on a USB stick. And after loading it into the the new UEFI U1n, the board made a terrible beeeeeeee.. (one more e) ..ep and i saw a black screen. After a short shocking moment I did a reboot. Still beeping. I cleared the CMOS (aka hardware bios reset) by connecting the two jumpers on the board. Relief. Normal boot. So don't use old profiles.

But a boot with clover is still not possible while having the software-RAID connected to the SATA-connecters of the board.

Does iMessage work for you?

Guys do you have any idea how to make the USB 3.0 ports working under Sierra?

LE: Nevermind, I figured that out by installing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext (Multibeast -> Drivers -> USB -> 3rd Party USB 3.0)

Last edited:
Sierra installation finally worked with Clover. After uninstalling the software-Raid. Really fast boot.

@St0w I don't use iMessage for desktop. Whatsapp is better, Telegram too.

I updated to U1n from U1l. The unneeded boot entries (old USB boot-sticks etc.) are gone. I did it yesterday with Gigabytes Q-Flash, which is very easy.

No issues. Nothing bad, nothing better than before.

One important thing: Do not use your old UEFI-profiles. I did it. Saved a U1l profile on a USB stick. And after loading it into the the new UEFI U1n, the board made a terrible beeeeeeee.. (one more e) ..ep and i saw a black screen. After a short shocking moment I did a reboot. Still beeping. I cleared the CMOS (aka hardware bios reset) by connecting the two jumpers on the board. Relief. Normal boot. So don't use old profiles.

But a boot with clover is still not possible while having the software-RAID connected to the SATA-connecters of the board.
Where did you get the U1n BIOS?

Does iMessage work for you?
It does for me, but I'm using the UUID of a real (dead) iMac.

Guys do you have any idea how to make the USB 3.0 ports working under Sierra?

LE: Nevermind, I figured that out by installing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext (Multibeast -> Drivers -> USB -> 3rd Party USB 3.0)
Does this really work for you? And do you have the correct speed/ device recognition?

Does this really work for you? And do you have the correct speed/ device recognition?

Well it used to. All my external USB 3.0 hard drives (a 1GB + a 2GB Verbatim Store 'n' Save, and a portable 2GB Seagate Expansion) were working at full speed and were correctly identified by the OS.

Unfortunately, for some really strange reason Chrome and Opera kept on completely freezing the OS (and force it to reboot 4 - 6 seconds after the app was launched). After installing Sierra 4 times on two different SSD drives, I finally understood that trying to swim against the stream was simply not worth my time and efforts, therefore I decided to go back to good ol' Yosey, since this has proven to be the only OS that runs rock solid on my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back