Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with Audio. I could not find a way to enable hdmi audio in bios. I even have updated to the latest bios but no luck.
IS there a specific bios version that works.
thanks

Help with Audio. I could not find a way to enable hdmi audio in bios. I even have updated to the latest bios but no luck.
IS there a specific bios version that works.
thanks

Agreed - I'm running the latest BIOS, I can't see any HDMI Audio in BIOS, and when I try to boot the USB stick thats made, I get the GUI picklist, select Clover or whatever the default is, and then the white Apple icon appears on the black screen with the 'growing' bar under that. The bar moves to the 50% mark or so, and then the entire process hangs.

This is with a known good Sierra 12.12.5 and latest Unibeast 7.1.1.

Does anyone know the proper way to enable WOL on this nuc. I am running Sierra 12.12.5 and using a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter. I have enabled "wake for network access" in energy settings and have disabled S4/S5 in bios. I am able to wake the device up using a bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse, but not from trying to access the file system from a different machine. (i do have wifi working and could use that instead if there is no other way)

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance.

Does anyone know the proper way to enable WOL on this nuc. I am running Sierra 12.12.5 and using a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter. I have enabled "wake for network access" in energy settings and have disabled S4/S5 in bios. I am able to wake the device up using a bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse, but not from trying to access the file system from a different machine. (i do have wifi working and could use that instead if there is no other way)

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance.

I'm guessing you'll have to use Wifi - I doubt there's a way to get WOL working with an external Ethernet adapter.

I'm guessing you'll have to use Wifi - I doubt there's a way to get WOL working with an external Ethernet adapter.

I understand. Thank you very much for the response!

Hi has anyone managed to install Sierra without having to upgrade from El Cap? I assume there will need to be a different system definition as Mac Pro 3,1 is unsupported on Sierra?

Thanks. I'm giving it a shot and getting to the installer, but the screen is heavily torn/scrambled to the point where I cannot read anything. Is this because I am using a 1440p monitor? Any suggestions?

(edited to include an example picture)

Attachments

• IMG_20170814_205748.jpg
    IMG_20170814_205748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I suspect the 1440p monitor is the culprit; Clover doesn't have very good support for non-standard screen resolutions (meaning resolutions that are not supported in the video BIOS), and I don't think the macOS Installer does either, at least not on older graphics chips such as the HD 4000 you're working with. Do you have a plain old 1080p monitor available you can try? How are you connecting the monitor to the NUC - are you using an adapter of any kind? If possible, get rid of any adapter you might be using, just to simplify things.

You could try playing with the BIOS settings as described in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-bootloader-screen-resolution.150101/. Basically, if you can try setting the OS type to Windows 8 WHQL, apparently that changes how the screen resolution gets set (?).

Another thing that may help (if it doesn't prevent your system from booting) is to add the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi driver to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI on your boot USB stick, as discussed here: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/1726372/thread/0a936a92/.

Finally, you could try changing the resolution in your Clover config.plist - it's worth a shot. The key/string pair to change is in the "GUI" section of the file, and is
Code:
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1920x1080</string>

(which of course you'd change to your desired resolution, or failing that, to whatever resolution works). Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back