Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the formatting is all messed up and makes it really hard to follow.

The OP has been cleaned up and the formatting corrected. The garbled formatting and missing images were a result of the site's changeover to the new forum software. Thank you for your patience.

Very sorry, accidentally posted this to the wrong thread.

Last edited:
macos sierra, anyone?
do you think it's safe just to update?

macos sierra, anyone?
do you think it's safe just to update?

I've updated the NUC to Sierra using the App Store successfully following the advice in this post
Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
Read it first.

You need to make sure that you update Clover Configurator to the latest version first. Run Clover Configurator. On the menu (top left) hit update Clover... Then run Clover and Mount the EFI (bottom left). After you've mounted EFI then select the Update option in the bottom left of the Clover Configurator window. This will update the boot loader of your machine. After the update completes, save, then reboot.

After rebooting, enable viewing of all hidden files in Finder.
  1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities>Terminal)
  2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  3. killall Finder

Then mount the your EFI partition using Clover Configurator. If you have problems mounting the EFI download EFI Mounter v3

When you have the EFI mounted..In Finder, open INSERT NAME OF YOUR MAIN DRIVE\Library\Extensions -- a folder that was hidden before -- copy and paste *all* the kexts in this folder into the EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other directory.

Reboot, then run the Sierra update from the App Store. Performing these steps successfully installed 10.12 on my DC3217BY.

For some reason, on first boot I had no sound, but a further reboot fixed this (No idea why?).

I've had some issues with the wireless keyboard and trackpad not waking the mac from sleep and then not being able to be connected at all following a restart. It may be a USB related issue. I say may be a USB issue as I have had the same intermittent issues with 10.11. If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful for any help.

Good luck :)

I have DC3217BY Nuc and I would love to be able to have OS X on it. But now that Sierra is out, I cant download El Capitan from the app store. I have a friends Macbook Pro for a couple of days that I can use to run Unibeast. I have a downloaded copy of El Capitan 10.11.4 dmg with me. How can I proceed?

I am a total newbie with regards to hackintosh, so please guide me.

You should be able to Download El Capitan from the App Store on a Mac. If you go to the "Purchased" tab it's likely to be listed.

Updated to 10.12.1 from the App Store with no issues. I updated Clover to the latest version before the installation.
I've updated the NUC to Sierra using the App Store successfully following the advice in this post
Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
Read it first.

You need to make sure that you update Clover Configurator to the latest version first. Run Clover Configurator. On the menu (top left) hit update Clover... Then run Clover and Mount the EFI (bottom left). After you've mounted EFI then select the Update option in the bottom left of the Clover Configurator window. This will update the boot loader of your machine. After the update completes, save, then reboot.

After rebooting, enable viewing of all hidden files in Finder.
  1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities>Terminal)
  2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  3. killall Finder

Then mount the your EFI partition using Clover Configurator. If you have problems mounting the EFI download EFI Mounter v3

When you have the EFI mounted..In Finder, open INSERT NAME OF YOUR MAIN DRIVE\Library\Extensions -- a folder that was hidden before -- copy and paste *all* the kexts in this folder into the EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other directory.

Reboot, then run the Sierra update from the App Store. Performing these steps successfully installed 10.12 on my DC3217BY.

For some reason, on first boot I had no sound, but a further reboot fixed this (No idea why?).

I've had some issues with the wireless keyboard and trackpad not waking the mac from sleep and then not being able to be connected at all following a restart. It may be a USB related issue. I say may be a USB issue as I have had the same intermittent issues with 10.11. If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful for any help.

Good luck :)

Just installed macOS 10.12.2 following this mini guide, no issue. Thx SCQ :)

I can't find Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg.

I've updated the NUC to Sierra using the App Store successfully following the advice in this post…
thank you very much, indeed!i have the same machine.
unfortunately it says that my computer is too old.
it's configured as a mac pro early 2008 (macpro 2,1).
can i just change with clover configurator that part in the smbios–section to e.g. macpro 5,1 or 6,1 in the 3 config.plist – without causing any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back