Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have gathered the files for troubleshooting.

I have 2 issues, random reboots and cannot get HDMI audio to work.

NUC DC3217BY with firmware.48

I installed 1 kext for wifi

Any help would be appreciated - note that I had previous had a stable Yosemite install

Any joys? I'd like to do a fresh install

secure boot only works by deselecting legacy boot on my bios. and then it can start the installer

Guys, what bios version are you using on your NUC when you run this? I walk through the whole thing from start to finish and I end up with my window graphics filling up with fuz making them unreadable so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Thx for the guide!

So everything is working great, except i cant seem to get hardware accelerated h264 movie playback in kodi. Same thing with netflix. a small amount of microstutter in 1080P.

Can anybody help out?

I purchased all the items listed in the first post and plan to attempt this over the weekend coming up. I'm a bit concerned on your statement now, while I know the
i3-3217U
is getting long in the tooth, I would expect it should be able to run 1080p video smoothly at a full 60fps. 4k is another story.

Did you figure anything out on this? Also any users of the
i3-3217U
have any feedback to provide on overall performance in OS X?

Thanks!

Hi,

The tuto is unreadable....please someone can fix it ?

thanks

Hi all. I followed this great guide, and got El Capitan up and running on my DC3217BY. I'm using the NUC for a Plex HTPC so I wanna be able to output 5.1 surround sound to my Denon AVR. ATM it's only outputting stereo via the HDMI and I dunno where to go from here. I've injected the Audio ID: 3 and ran the "graphics_intel_hd4k-capri-b-90_patch.command". See the attached screenshot for more details. Can anyone help me out? I could really use some pointers as I don't know where to go next.

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 21.30.11.png

Thank you very much for the detailed guide and instructions. I now have a fully working OSX El Capitan with HDMI audio. I would like to ask what HW are you using for network?

I was using the following USB to Ethernet adapter, but i was having problems to access the app store:
https://www.i-tec-europe.eu/?t=3&v=295

After search, i have found this guide that enables the access to the appstore but then i was facing issues with connectivity. My Nuc was disconnecting from Internet after some time.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/l...-mac-app-store-with-nullethernet-kext.127059/

To solve the connectivity issue and to free up a USB port, i now use the Apple Thunderbolt to ethernet adapter which works out of the box and i can access the App Store, however, i loose the possibility to wake the NUC on LAN as while sleeping, the Thunderbolt port looses power and does not receive magic packets.

Is there a way to keep the Thunderbolt port active for WOL?

Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back