Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Sorry, but I still don't quite get how to do this. Could you write a "dummies" guide for me to follow, please? :oops:

Required reading: toleda's thread on HDMI Audio

Step 0: Make a bootable backup of your system using Carbon Copy Cloner or something similar.

Step 1: Make sure you haven't installed any binary patches to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (compare the version in /S/L/E with the version in the Mac OS X Installer). If you have, revert to the original kext by reinstalling the one from the OS X Installer to /System/Library/Extensions using KextUtility or a similar program. Similarly, remove any kext patches related to HDMI audio that you may have installed previously in your Clover config.plist file.

Step 2: After reading toleda's guide above, you can download the correct patches for your system and situation; in this case, Clover bootloader (using config.plist), OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Ivy Bridge NUC with HD4000 (Capri) graphics. You will need to download the following file, which contains the necessary kext patches to add to your own Clover config.plist: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverHDMI/blob/master/config-hdmi_hd4000-100.plist.zip

Step 3: After downloading and extracting the file above, open config-hdmi_hd4000-100.plist in any text editor. Verify that your config.plist has the "KernelAndKextPatches" section. Copy the "KextsToPatch" section from the file you downloaded into the proper section in your Clover config.plist. Save and reboot to find out if your HDMI audio now works.

Thank you for the instructions. I was able to get get sound after installing the "graphics_intel_hd4k-capri-b-90_patch.command". But right after i installed my display which was previosly full screen on 1080p and perfect got scaled down and i can't seem at all to revert the screen back to normal with everything i try. :crazy: Here is a picture of the screen. I have a DC53427HYE D53427RKE Core i5-3427U. Please can someone help me i can't seem to make this work at all. Thanks again for all the effort everybody. :headbang:

hackintosh example.jpg

I have fixed it ( i looked online for my model number tv and got the tv code to get into the overscan fix) looks great. :headbang:

Hi all, I had been running Maverick for about a year on my DC3217IYE with the Azureware Wifi+Bluetooth AW-CE-123H. The board is the same as SCQ's but with dual HDMI an no thunderbolt. Last week I finally decided to upgrade to El-Capitan. Starting from scratch (I have a time machine back up to get my stuff back) and following the SCQ instructions I got the thing running with everything working but Bluetooth. I migrated my daily user profile and file from the TM (took a good 12H) and everything still worked. Seeking perfection I tried to get Bluetooth to work and I am now in a reboot loop that I can't fix and even the recovery partition does not work. it gets to the grey screen with the beach ball and hangs there forever. What I probably stupidly did (to get BT to work) is use Kextbeast to install the BrcmPatchman2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. It seems that this is what broke my install. I have a spare SSD with Maverick (from which I am writing you) and an enclosure so I can actually mount and tweak my El-Capitan HDD. Symptoms are: EFI boot menus shows, I pick HFS. I get the Apple, progress bar appears and within 2 second it reboots. Using verbose mode, the last think that shows is the system definition Mac Pro 6.2. I have mounted the El-capitan HDD and looked for it for the Kext and can't find them anywhere (S/L/E does not even exist). Any clues?

What I probably stupidly did (to get BT to work) is use Kextbeast to install the BrcmPatchman2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Using verbose mode, the last think that shows is the system definition Mac Pro 6.2. I have mounted the El-capitan HDD and looked for it for the Kext and can't find them anywhere (S/L/E does not even exist). Any clues?

/S/L/E became read-only in El Capitan - the new location for user-installed kext files is /Library/Extensions, so that is where KextBeast installed them and where you will find them.

Also I'm assuming you aren't actually using a system definition of MacPro6,2 as that describes a system that doesn't exist! iMac14,2 (which I use with my DC3217BY NUC) or perhaps Macmini6,2 (which I'm guessing is what you meant) would be more appropriate.

/S/L/E became read-only in El Capitan - the new location for user-installed kext files is /Library/Extensions, so that is where KextBeast installed them and where you will find them.

Also I'm assuming you aren't actually using a system definition of MacPro6,2 as that describes a system that doesn't exist! iMac14,2 (which I use with my DC3217BY NUC) or perhaps Macmini6,2 (which I'm guessing is what you meant) would be more appropriate.

So I went in and removed all the bluettooth related Kext I had installed and I am still stuck. below is a screen capture of the panic.

You were correct for the MacMini6.2. That said when I originally installed they system it was indeed a MacPro profile I used because that is what the instruction said to use and when I migrated the destination icon used was that of a mac pro. This could be a source of the problem. How do i change the profile if I can't boot the system. Can i run Clover configurator on my drive in the enclosure?

IMG_3101.jpg

so did you manage to rerun the graphics_intel_hd4k-capri-b-90_patch.command after the update 10.11.2?
do we have to do anything else ?

thanks

Thank you for the instructions. I was able to get get sound after installing the "graphics_intel_hd4k-capri-b-90_patch.command". But right after i installed my display which was previosly full screen on 1080p and perfect got scaled down and i can't seem at all to revert the screen back to normal with everything i try. :crazy: Here is a picture of the screen. I have a DC53427HYE D53427RKE Core i5-3427U. Please can someone help me i can't seem to make this work at all. Thanks again for all the effort everybody. :headbang:

View attachment 172011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back