Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks SCQ for the thorough guide to get El Capitan onto the NUC DC3217BY. Also thanks to Toleda for helping to get the HDMI sound working. I followed the guide and was able to get El Capitan running on my NUC with HDMI sound.

However, I have run into a bit of a problem trying to get wifi to work. I have installed the AzureWave AW-CE-123H Broadcom BCM94352HMB wifi+bluetooth card into the half-mini slot and have tried to get both wifi and Bluetooth to work with the various methods listed in the Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 guide. I have tried the Clover/kext patch with config-bcm94352-110.plist, Rehabman's FakePCIID for BCM94352, and the kext/binary patch with wireless_bcm94352-110.command. The problem with all three attempts is that neither wifi nor bluetooth is recognized by OSX in System Report.

Bluetooth:
No information found.

Wifi:
Software Versions:
CoreWLAN: 11.0 (1100.19)
CoreWLANKit: 11.0 (1100.19)
Menu Extra: 11.0 (1101.30)
System Information: 11.0 (1100.1)
IO80211 Family: 11.0 (1100.23)
Diagnostics: 5.0 (500.83)
AirPort Utility: 6.3.6 (636.5)

I'm left scratching my head at this point. Since this NUC does not have an Ethernet port, I can't get it to connect to the internet without working wifi. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.

I added a $10 USB to Ethernet adapter. Plug and play. But I was also able to get Wi-Fi working before under Mavericks and Yosemite, and I don't remember having to do anything specific. I haven't tried it yet under El Capitan, I'll have to report back on that. But the USB to Ethernet adapter is a good fallback.

I added a $10 USB to Ethernet adapter. Plug and play. But I was also able to get Wi-Fi working before under Mavericks and Yosemite, and I don't remember having to do anything specific. I haven't tried it yet under El Capitan, I'll have to report back on that. But the USB to Ethernet adapter is a good fallback.

I can confirm that the card was working under previous Windows installation. Not sure why OS X would not recognize it. Maybe try Yosemite installation first then upgrade to El Capitan?

I can confirm that the card was working under previous Windows installation. Not sure why OS X would not recognize it. Maybe try Yosemite installation first then upgrade to El Capitan?

That may be worth a shot. In my case though, I'd rather just try to get it working under El Capitan (as it took me a lot of effort to get everything else going). I have confirmed that El Cap doesn't recognize my Wifi/Bluetooth card, so that's my next undertaking. After I get back from my vacation.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for you works it's great and clear even if we are not speaking english well.

I have a question about WLAN, before on Maverick my mini PCI-card worked but now not. I use a WLAN CAR Azureware AW-NB037H.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/-/111316840553?

Maybe someone had the same PCI-card ?

Thanls in advance.

Nicolas M.

Hi guys,

Do the parts in this build like the ssd and RAM have to be the exact same ones?

As long as it's a NUC DC3217BY is should work.

Thanks

Nscxp2005

No, you don't have to use the exact same parts as described in the guide. RAM and SSDs that works with the NUC under Windows or other OS should work for Hackintosh. For wifi, you should look into chipsets that are known to work under Hackintosh, which means wifi cards with Intel chipsets will not work.

That may be worth a shot. In my case though, I'd rather just try to get it working under El Capitan (as it took me a lot of effort to get everything else going). I have confirmed that El Cap doesn't recognize my Wifi/Bluetooth card, so that's my next undertaking. After I get back from my vacation.

Yeah, I was doing a fresh install with no software yet so it wasn't as big of a problem to start over. So I finally got wifi to work by starting over with 10.10 Clover guide. Here is what I did to get everything (well, almost everything) working:

Once I made the USB install disk, I tried to boot into install but was having problem getting the error AppleUSBEHCI: Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5000 milliseconds. So I installed the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from Rehabman's latest release of FakePCIID in the kext folder within the Clover EFI (placed in the 10.10 folder). This allowed booting into installation and Yosemite installed without problem.

Once booted into Yosemite, I installed the latest Clover EFI with FakeSMC.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext in kext folder and used the standard config.plist from the 10.10 Clover install guide. To get the wifi and Bluetooth working, I used the Clover/kext patch with config-bcm94352-110.plist and RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-1016.kext in the kext folder.

Once wifi and Bluetooth are working, I upgraded to El Capitan through the app store. Removed kext-dev-mode=1 from and added

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

to config.plist. Finally I followed Step #6 from #8-#22 from this guide to get HDMI sound working. It's a bit more work but now wifi and Bluetooth are functioning as well as HDMI sound.

So, one last question, I noticed from SynGatesFan2000s guide that Thunderbolt port is working with that installation but not working in El Capitan (at least no Thunderbolt hardware was available when I look into system info). Is there a kext or patch available to get it working? Thanks.

hi i followed your guide and i manage to install el Capitan onINTEL NUC DC3217IYEi have one problem my IR not working cause the setup is recognized as mac pro and mac pro have IR

so can i change somehow the smbios lets say to "mac mini" without loosing my working el Capitan

and how can i directly boot up on OS without seeing the clover menu at all .... thanks anyway

I had previously installed the binary patch to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to get it working. I just reverted that to the original version which I had saved to the desktop (you can get it from the OSX installer if necessary) using Kext Utility, then added the patches to my Clover configuration. Just copy the "KextsToPatch" section into the correct section of your config.plist.

Nope. Sorry, but I still don't quite get how to do this. Could you write a "dummies" guide for me to follow, please? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back