Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

What version of BIOS are you people on? I don't have any option for enabling HDMI audio from the BIOS. Did everything else as asked in the OP, and have everything else working, other than the audio from HDMI. I was on BIOS version 57 when I tried everything, now updated to version 60 (latest on intel site), but still can't find any option to enable HDMI audio.

Any help appreciated. :)

Motherboard
Asus P6T-SE
CPU
Intel Core i7 920
Graphics
Asus GeForce 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Updated to 10.12.1 from the App Store with no issues. I updated Clover to the latest version before the installation.
I've updated the NUC to Sierra using the App Store successfully following the advice in this post
Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
Read it first.

You need to make sure that you update Clover Configurator to the latest version first. Run Clover Configurator. On the menu (top left) hit update Clover... Then run Clover and Mount the EFI (bottom left). After you've mounted EFI then select the Update option in the bottom left of the Clover Configurator window. This will update the boot loader of your machine. After the update completes, save, then reboot.

After rebooting, enable viewing of all hidden files in Finder.
  1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities>Terminal)
  2. In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  3. killall Finder

Then mount the your EFI partition using Clover Configurator. If you have problems mounting the EFI download EFI Mounter v3

When you have the EFI mounted..In Finder, open INSERT NAME OF YOUR MAIN DRIVE\Library\Extensions -- a folder that was hidden before -- copy and paste *all* the kexts in this folder into the EFI\Clover\Kexts\Other directory.

Reboot, then run the Sierra update from the App Store. Performing these steps successfully installed 10.12 on my DC3217BY.

For some reason, on first boot I had no sound, but a further reboot fixed this (No idea why?).

I've had some issues with the wireless keyboard and trackpad not waking the mac from sleep and then not being able to be connected at all following a restart. It may be a USB related issue. I say may be a USB issue as I have had the same intermittent issues with 10.11. If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be grateful for any help.

Good luck :)

Just installed macOS 10.12.2 following this mini guide, no issue. Thx SCQ :)

vpt

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I can't find Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI.pkg.

Motherboard
NUC DC 3217BY
CPU
i3
Graphics
intel4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've updated the NUC to Sierra using the App Store successfully following the advice in this post…
thank you very much, indeed!i have the same machine.
unfortunately it says that my computer is too old.
it's configured as a mac pro early 2008 (macpro 2,1).
can i just change with clover configurator that part in the smbios–section to e.g. macpro 5,1 or 6,1 in the 3 config.plist – without causing any problems?

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 820 G3
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 520
Help with Audio. I could not find a way to enable hdmi audio in bios. I even have updated to the latest bios but no luck.
IS there a specific bios version that works.
thanks

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G WiFi AC
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help with Audio. I could not find a way to enable hdmi audio in bios. I even have updated to the latest bios but no luck.
IS there a specific bios version that works.
thanks

Agreed - I'm running the latest BIOS, I can't see any HDMI Audio in BIOS, and when I try to boot the USB stick thats made, I get the GUI picklist, select Clover or whatever the default is, and then the white Apple icon appears on the black screen with the 'growing' bar under that. The bar moves to the 50% mark or so, and then the entire process hangs.

This is with a known good Sierra 12.12.5 and latest Unibeast 7.1.1.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9010 MT
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Does anyone know the proper way to enable WOL on this nuc. I am running Sierra 12.12.5 and using a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter. I have enabled "wake for network access" in energy settings and have disabled S4/S5 in bios. I am able to wake the device up using a bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse, but not from trying to access the file system from a different machine. (i do have wifi working and could use that instead if there is no other way)

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance.