Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some kext sleuthing I managed to get the recovery partition to boot and ran disk utility and I managed to boot the main partition. I reran all ob the post install steps just to make sure and I am back up and running.

Looking back I believe it is the migration process that created problems not my experimentation with Bluetooth. When I migrated I imported not only my daily user (I always keep a separate administrator account) but also some other files. Some settings must have migrated as well that messed up my install.

In Clover Configurator I remember selecting MacPro 3.1 yet after the migration it is my Maverick install specs of Mac Mini 6.2 that showed up in the boot sequence.

Food for thoughts.

On a side note the HD4000 integrated graphics seem to work slower under El Capitan. When I play HD video they are a little jerky. I will need to work on that but will experiment on a spare mSATA drive I have laying around.

Excellent guide!
I have 10.11.2 running on DC3217IYE with everything but WiFi working. I think I have the card that came with it.
The install from scratch only took a couple of hours.
Thanks !

Required reading: toleda's thread on HDMI Audio

Step 0: Make a bootable backup of your system using Carbon Copy Cloner or something similar.

Step 1: Make sure......

Thanks noboynose.

I finally managed to successfully apply the permanent HDMI Audio Fix and have tested it with the new 10.11.3 update. All still works perfectly following the update from the App Store, no re-patching or edits required. :thumbup:.

I've edited the guide to provide a choice for using either of the HDMI Audio Fix options.
Thanks for all the help, Buddy. :clap: :headbang:

Last edited:
Excellent guide!
I have 10.11.2 running on DC3217IYE with everything but WiFi working. I think I have the card that came with it.
The install from scratch only took a couple of hours.
Thanks !

Thank you. I'm glad it helped out. Were there any changes or adjustments that you had to make for the DC3217YE, or was it an identical install.

Thanks noboynose.

I finally managed to successfully apply the permanent HDMI Audio Fix and have tested it with the new 10.11.3 update. All still works perfectly following the update from the App Store, no re-patching or edits required. :thumbup:.

I've edited the guide to provide a choice for using either of the HDMI Audio Fix options.

You're welcome! Glad I could help, and glad you got it working!

Thank you. I'm glad it helped out. Were there any changes or adjustments that you had to make for the DC3217YE, or was it an identical install.

No changes at all!
Thank's again.

Thanks for the detail instruction... which allow me to get back into Hackintosh again...
I have follow every step successfully until Post installation. I am not sure if there was a change to the installer but:
1. Right after the success install, it automatically wants to reboot in 10 sec.
2. I am able to get into Terminal to 'stop' the reboot.
3. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to launch Finder to finish the post installation steps.
4. I am familiar with UNIX in general, but can't get Finder to execute (including finding the path of Finder and fiddling with DYLD_ROOT_PATH).

I am probably too new to the newer version of OSX. Any direction will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Min

Thanks for the detail instruction... which allow me to get back into Hackintosh again...
I have follow every step successfully until Post installation. I am not sure if there was a change to the installer but:
1. Right after the success install, it automatically wants to reboot in 10 sec.
2. I am able to get into Terminal to 'stop' the reboot.
3. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to launch Finder to finish the post installation steps.
4. I am familiar with UNIX in general, but can't get Finder to execute (including finding the path of Finder and fiddling with DYLD_ROOT_PATH).

I am probably too new to the newer version of OSX. Any direction will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Min

Boot up with your USB installer stick again, but this time choose your newly installed boot drive from the Clover menu. It should boot up into the normal desktop so you can do your post-installation.

Boot up with your USB installer stick again, but this time choose your newly installed boot drive from the Clover menu. It should boot up into the normal desktop so you can do your post-installation.

Thank you! Thank you!
Got it up and working. Maybe the guide should be updated a bit to take out that "Do not reboot" after the successful installation.

Min

Thanks noboynose.

Hi , I installed this on my NUC using your guide. I am on 10.11.3 however HDMI audio does not work even though I followed your steps.

I went with the temp fix. Copied over the SSDT.aml rebooted and ran the script.

Any ideas on this one?

Cheers

p.s some times when i reboot it crashes just before the OS loads and reboot later it is fine. Previously had yosemite on this with zero issue. The only thing I installed is wifi and bt kext for my dual wifi/bt card which is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back