Contribute
Register

[Success] SCQ's Intel NUC DC3217BY (CLOVER/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. I have done some testing. Changing the clover resolution only effects the clover menu unfortunately. I wasn't using any sort of adapter, just straight HDMI to the monitor. Took the nuc into work and did the install on a 1080p screen via HDMI, all good. However, changing the scaled resolution in the settings to anything other than native would cause the screen tearing issue again. No biggie though, I have no reason to run at anything other than native.

With regards to the 1440p monitor, this is where things got strange. HDMI on this nuc seems to only do a maximum resolution of 2048x1152 (even on windows). When it tries to output this to Sierra it gives a garbled screen. I managed to log in and enter the display settings blind. Changing to a scaled resolution didn't help, but rotating the screen 180 degrees completely fixed the garbling. Picture attached.

The actual solution for me was to just get a thunderbolt to DisplayPort cable and use that. Sierra now outputs native 1440p to my monitor. changing the resolution to anything other than 1440p however, will irreparably break my install by causing a black screen and no (obvious) way to reverse the process. About to do a clean install and not mess about with the resolution ever again.

Thanks for the help. I hope my long story here can be of similar assistance to anyone in the future who may run into these issues.

Attachments

• IMG_20170815_181619.jpg
    IMG_20170815_181619.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back