Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 23.23.03.jpg

I was stuck on High Sierra with my GTX 1060 and purchased an RX 5500 XT to be able to upgrade.

I first updated directly to Catalina with the 1060 still in.

I then swapped the card, but the system didn't boot anymore.
I restarted with a fresh Clover config and was able to boot with latest FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen. The only thing needed is the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument. (My clover config is absolutely empty otherwise!)

I had a lot issues with USB audio (cutting all the time), and the computer not waking up from sleep.
After a lot of trials, disabling Legacy USB Support and the Serial Port in the BIOS solved both issues!

It is now 100% functionnal, sleep working, two monitors ( 1 Displayport + 1 HDMI ) working at the same time.

I also fixed one of the last issue I had - low graphic resolution in Clover - by disabling CSM in the BIOS.

I was stuck on High Sierra with my GTX 1060 and purchased an RX 5500 XT to be able to upgrade.
Hey similar situation here. Two questions: which 5500 xt did you get and what system definition are you using?
Thanks!

Hey similar situation here. Two questions: which 5500 xt did you get and what system definition are you using?
Thanks!
Ok, so what I figured out was that in clover, it was keeping inject ati on, which is a feature for older cards, however as its not ever toggled on or off in your config there is no entry saying <true> or <false> so I had to manually add the entry in the plist using an editor, and putting a false entry under it. which resolved my issue

Ok, so what I figured out was that in clover, it was keeping inject ati on, which is a feature for older cards, however as its not ever toggled on or off in your config there is no entry saying <true> or <false> so I had to manually add the entry in the plist using an editor, and putting a false entry under it. which resolved my issue
Thanks for the clarification, what system definition are you using in your config.plist tho?

View attachment 446692

I first updated directly to Catalina with the 1060 still in.

I then swapped the card, but the system didn't boot anymore.
I restarted with a fresh Clover config and was able to boot with latest FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen. The only thing needed is the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument. (My clover config is absolutely empty otherwise!)

I had a lot issues with USB audio (cutting all the time), and the computer not waking up from sleep.
After a lot of trials, disabling Legacy USB Support and the Serial Port in the BIOS solved both issues!

It is now 100% functionnal, sleep working, two monitors ( 1 Displayport + 1 HDMI ) working at the same time.

I also fixed one of the last issue I had - low graphic resolution in Clover - by disabling CSM in the BIOS.
Hey I have question, I’m with the same graphics, but after installing Catalina, reboot from Unibeast flash drive, first Apple logo appear and that black screen nothing happen.
I don’t have other graphic card so I can only manage to change clover properties via the bootloader settings
Any chance you can help with this one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back