[SUCCESS] Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5500 XT 8G GDDR6 SE

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Screenshot 2020-01-25 at 23.23.03.jpg

I was stuck on High Sierra with my GTX 1060 and purchased an RX 5500 XT to be able to upgrade.

I first updated directly to Catalina with the 1060 still in.

I then swapped the card, but the system didn't boot anymore.
I restarted with a fresh Clover config and was able to boot with latest FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen. The only thing needed is the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument. (My clover config is absolutely empty otherwise!)

I had a lot issues with USB audio (cutting all the time), and the computer not waking up from sleep.
After a lot of trials, disabling Legacy USB Support and the Serial Port in the BIOS solved both issues!

It is now 100% functionnal, sleep working, two monitors ( 1 Displayport + 1 HDMI ) working at the same time.

I also fixed one of the last issue I had - low graphic resolution in Clover - by disabling CSM in the BIOS.

Motherboard
Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 - Clover
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
I was stuck on High Sierra with my GTX 1060 and purchased an RX 5500 XT to be able to upgrade.
Hey similar situation here. Two questions: which 5500 xt did you get and what system definition are you using?
Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte H270 DS3H
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey similar situation here. Two questions: which 5500 xt did you get and what system definition are you using?
Thanks!
Ok, so what I figured out was that in clover, it was keeping inject ati on, which is a feature for older cards, however as its not ever toggled on or off in your config there is no entry saying <true> or <false> so I had to manually add the entry in the plist using an editor, and putting a false entry under it. which resolved my issue

Motherboard
Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 - Clover
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Ok, so what I figured out was that in clover, it was keeping inject ati on, which is a feature for older cards, however as its not ever toggled on or off in your config there is no entry saying <true> or <false> so I had to manually add the entry in the plist using an editor, and putting a false entry under it. which resolved my issue
Thanks for the clarification, what system definition are you using in your config.plist tho?

Motherboard
CPU
ivy bridge 3770
Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
View attachment 446692

I first updated directly to Catalina with the 1060 still in.

I then swapped the card, but the system didn't boot anymore.
I restarted with a fresh Clover config and was able to boot with latest FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen. The only thing needed is the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument. (My clover config is absolutely empty otherwise!)

I had a lot issues with USB audio (cutting all the time), and the computer not waking up from sleep.
After a lot of trials, disabling Legacy USB Support and the Serial Port in the BIOS solved both issues!

It is now 100% functionnal, sleep working, two monitors ( 1 Displayport + 1 HDMI ) working at the same time.

I also fixed one of the last issue I had - low graphic resolution in Clover - by disabling CSM in the BIOS.
Hey I have question, I’m with the same graphics, but after installing Catalina, reboot from Unibeast flash drive, first Apple logo appear and that black screen nothing happen.
I don’t have other graphic card so I can only manage to change clover properties via the bootloader settings
Any chance you can help with this one ?