GA Z68A- D3-B3 Uefi Bios U1B
i5 2400 Sandy Bridge
AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB
Corsair 2x4 Gb 1600Mhz
Samsung EVO 870 500 GB

OpenCore 0.8.3
System definition, momentary iMac Pro

Uploaded files: EFIiMacpro(OC 0.8.3), BoardIDSkip+VmmPatch.plist

I followed instructions on Dortania OpenCore install guide. I made fresh install High Sierra with OC and system definition iMac 12,2 to made right SSDTs aml and patches for inserting in config.plist (I used SSDTTime and ssdPRGen). Installation of Monterey 12.4 went fine.

First problem was Intel Power Gadget which didn’t work at all. I removed EnergyDriver.kext from library/extension and placed to EFI/OC/Kexts and did OC snapshot. After that its started to work. But second problem was when I turned app on Cpu max frequency was show as 1.7 Ghz but should be 3.4 Ghz. Then I figured out that when hackintosh wake up from sleep Intel Power Gadget show right Cpu frequency. So cold boot wrong, wake up from sleep right (WakeUpFromSleep.png). Difference was when I set Dummypower management to true. But results was cold boot max frequency 3.2 Ghz, wake from sleep right 3.4 Ghz. I could live with that because I never turn hackintosh off, but I started research on web why is doing that.

One day I found BoardIDSkip+VmmPatch.plist on https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/09_Board-ID_VMM-Spoof . With this patches I was able to cold boot Monterey(without dummypower management) with system definition iMac 12,2 with right Cpu frequency, but MacPro 6,1 or iMac17,1 wasn’t work right ( maybe one day was working I don’t remember I did a lot of tests).

Then I found post by simmel on insanelymac [solved] Clover: failing to patch kext's Info.plist, trying to disable X86PlatformPlugin.kext. I placed his ASSP-Override.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts and made snapshot with ProperTree and Cpu cold boot started to work. I updated to 12.5 without problems.

With this EFIiMacpro(OC 0.8.3) I'm able to boot all OSX from High Sierra to Monterey 12.5. If you go below Monterey you should disable in config.plist EnergyDriver and ASSP-Override kexts. And don’t forget to insert serials for iMac pro.

On this system all works except USB 3.0 that can recognize only installation USB keys, and I didn’t try Face time, Messages.

Attachments

• EFIiMacpro(OC 0.8.3).zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 291
  • BoardIDSkip+VMMPatch.plist.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Montery.png
    Montery.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Geekbennch.png
    Geekbennch.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IntelPowerGadged.png
    IntelPowerGadged.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 124
  • WakeUpFromSleep.png
    WakeUpFromSleep.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Thank you brother but only update i see is for ventura and sleep doesn't work. I'll try to fix it.

Last edited:
GA Z68A- D3-B3 Uefi Bios U1B
i5 2400 Sandy Bridge
AMD Radeon RX 560 4 GB
Corsair 2x4 Gb 1600Mhz
Samsung EVO 870 500 GB

OpenCore 0.8.3
System definition, momentary iMac Pro

Uploaded files: EFIiMacpro(OC 0.8.3), BoardIDSkip+VmmPatch.plist

Hi!
Do you think your EFI could work with my Z68A P - D3? (Same CPU i5 2400 and similar Graphic card.) I gave that system to my niece with Catalina installed with Clover but now she need to upgrade at least to Monterey.

Thanks.

Do you think it's possible install Monterey with this configuration?
Motherboard ASUS P8H61
Processor i5-2500
Crucial 2TB SSD
nvidia gtx 560 or nvidia 1050ti or integrated graphic card of motherboard
Thanks!!!

Do you think it's possible install Monterey with this configuration?
Motherboard ASUS P8H61
Processor i5-2500
Crucial 2TB SSD
nvidia gtx 560 or nvidia 1050ti or integrated graphic card of motherboard
Thanks!!!
not with your nvidia cards or igpu

What could be a video card that I can buy that has the possibility of having dual screens, as I currently have, compatible with Monterey?

What could be a video card that I can buy that has the possibility of having dual screens, as I currently have, compatible with Monterey?

Back