Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Mountain Lion

Any success?

(Had been on holidays for 2 weeks and couldn't reply... ;))

yeh i had the same problem what you do is go to disk utilities and erase the hardrive and in security options erase it with the maximum i think its 7 times it should take about a night then reinstall that worked for me

ohh its not that sos you need iboot

Has anyone got the USB 3 ports working on the Asus Z77 Sabertooth?

And Thank You Vosster your post was very helpful in getting my Hackintosh up and running. Every thing but USB 3 is working 100% on my rig infact it is more stable and faster than my real intel iMac! From day one I have had periodic kernel panics on the iMac and not one on my Hackintosh(well a few when I first got it setup).

My USB3 ports from the Chipset work with non-storage devices, the AsMedia Ports don't work at all.
That's at least my configuration

I go to build a hackintosh, and I'm seeking the best components for it, I have a previous list, with Gigabyte GA Z77 UP5 TH, and I7 3770K, I don't need a discrete graphic card, HD 4000 is enough for me. But now I have the possibility to build a Hack with the same MB of your build, Asus Sabertooth Z77, and the graphic card NVIDIA GT610.
Is more difficult to build the hack with your MB, or the chip Z77 Bios UEFI make same process with both MB?
Is necessary install Kext, or as the Gigabyte Z77 not Kexts are necessary?
I need info before buy the MB, the rest of components are decided.

I go to build a hackintosh, and I'm seeking the best components for it, I have a previous list, with Gigabyte GA Z77 UP5 TH, and I7 3770K, I don't need a discrete graphic card, HD 4000 is enough for me. But now I have the possibility to build a Hack with the same MB of your build, Asus Sabertooth Z77, and the graphic card NVIDIA GT610.
Is more difficult to build the hack with your MB, or the chip Z77 Bios UEFI make same process with both MB?
Is necessary install Kext, or as the Gigabyte Z77 not Kexts are necessary?
I need info before buy the MB, the rest of components are decided.

In general all the recommended Gigabyte boards are working nearly out of the box. But I dont think, that it is a difficult thing to build a hackintosh with the Z77 Sabertooth either. You dont need a DSDT, just a power management kext, like I described in my initial post and many people in this forum have managed to set up great systems with it.

Go for it, it's a great board!

Has anyone got the USB 3 ports working on the Asus Z77 Sabertooth?

And Thank You Vosster your post was very helpful in getting my Hackintosh up and running. Every thing but USB 3 is working 100% on my rig infact it is more stable and faster than my real intel iMac! From day one I have had periodic kernel panics on the iMac and not one on my Hackintosh(well a few when I first got it setup).

I dont have USB3 devices. Everything FireWire800. So I simply havent set the ports up. Dont even know if they would work. :D

I always like to tell friends that bought iMacs and MBPs about my hackintosh. And how much faster and cheaper it is than their machines. :D For me a hackintosh is the best personal computer you can get. Not least because because it's really "personal" - your own choice of hardware at a cheap price. And stable of course. :D

Just wanted to say thank you for posting the build & guide!

Just a little while ago, I built my first Hackintosh, everything went smoothly until the motherboard died. I further screwed it up, so I decided to get a new MB.

I was going to get a Gigabyte, until I saw your guide! I asked a few of my friends, and they all said to stay away from Gigabyte as a brand (random reliability issues from the company & the general consensus that ASUS is the better company with customer service, etc.), so I went with the ASUS Sabertooth Z77.

Everything you described on your guide is dead on. Even all the issues you had were reproducible on my end! I too didn't flash the BIOS, and went with the patched .kext route.

24hrs-in, seems stable.

I'll post my build

EDIT: Ooops, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll post my build on a separate thread shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back