Contribute
Register

[Success] Sabertooth Z77, i7-3770K, GTX 680, El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[success] Sabertooth z77, i7 3770K, GTX 680, Yosemite

Hey I'm a first time Hackintosh, long time Apple user/developer. I"m trying this on my Sabertooth Z77 with latest bios. Created the Cloverleaf with defaults, but still get to the Apple Logo and the progress bar going about 50% and then getting a white "not" sign? Thoughts?

Hmm, not easy to say. Try booting in Verbose Mode and see where it stops. In my case the main problem was the EVReboot.kext in System/Library/Extensions. After deleting it via Terminal (Booted from USB) I was able to boot normally.

Use kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 as boot flags. If you have a GTX7xx or higher boot with nv_disable=1

I had the same problem and disable EIST in Bios. Work perfectly now.

Ever since updating to El Capitan, all rear USB (2.0 and 3.0) on the Sabertooth z77 have stopped working. I do see they are available in POST, but as soon as OS X begins to load via Clover, the rear ports disappear and stop working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ever since updating to El Capitan, all rear USB (2.0 and 3.0) on the Sabertooth z77 have stopped working. I do see they are available in POST, but as soon as OS X begins to load via Clover, the rear ports disappear and stop working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. Fix would be greatly appreciated.

once I updated to El Capitan, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports aren't working.
Any solutions?
Thanks

Has anyone been able to get USB 3.0 to work with this configuration and El Capitan 10.11.2?

Thanks

I'm late to the party but, all my USB ports work on El Capitan. But I noticed that if I use an SMBios different from a Mac Pro, only my USB 3 ports work. Hope this helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Me too... Looking for solutions...

Thank you very much Vosster!

Due to a HW fail, I have just replaced my Gigabyte MoBo with a Sabertooth Z77, and as far as I followed your thread, installing Yosemite worked like a charm ;)

The only thing by now, is that my beloved Trident X @ 2400 Mhz DDR3 sticks runs on this motherboard merely @ 1333 Mhz..., but happens the same in Windows. I have to figure out how to solve this and make a decent OC again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back