Contribute
Register

[Success] ROG Maximus XI Hero + i9-9900K + Radeon VII + Dual boot Windows/macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximus XI Extreme Success, Everything working including all USBs, LAN except the 5G one (UnSupported). CPU Recognised, GPU works out the box, Vega 64, BlueTooth works but Wireless doesn't as this is Intel Wifi. iMac19,1. BIOS 1005 and 1105.

Maximus XI Extreme Success, Everything working including all USBs, LAN except the 5G one (UnSupported). CPU Recognised, GPU works out the box, Vega 64, BlueTooth works but Wireless doesn't as this is Intel Wifi. iMac19,1. BIOS 1005 and 1105.

Hi! May I ask you how you did get up to boot your machine into Mojave installer? I already tried about 15 different EFI folders and config.plist files and different kext or more.

It always turns out with different errors messages depending on the EFI folder I use. It doesn't matter what configuration or SMBIOS/boot arguments I use like:

hid legacy shim 2 or pci configuration begin/ends or acpi errors or still waiting for root device or your machine is not supported?!

I have the same mainboard as you: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme with BIOS version 1105.

Please help me out maybe you could provide me your EFI folder. I am willing to delete all personal information such as serial number and other information.

Thanks for your help.

This is my configuration:

Asus Maximus XI Extreme z370 Bios 1105 | Intel i7-9700K | Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 2400mhz 32GB | 2x Samsung 970 PRO | Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX2080 OC 8G Gaming | Nzxt Kraken WaterAIO X72, 360mm | be quiet! Dark Power PRO 11 1200W |

Last edited:
Hi! May I ask you how you did get up to boot your machine into Mojave installer? I already tried about 15 different EFI folders and config.plist files and different kext or more.

It always turns out with different errors messages depending on the EFI folder I use. It doesn't matter what configuration or SMBIOS/boot arguments I use like:

hid legacy shim 2 or pci configuration begin/ends or acpi errors or still waiting for root device or your machine is not supported?!

I have the same mainboard as you: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme with BIOS version 1105.

Please help me out maybe you could provide me your EFI folder. I am willing to delete all personal information such as serial number and other information.

Thanks for your help.

This is my configuration:

Asus Maximus XI Extreme z370 Bios 1105 | Intel i7-9700K | Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 2400mhz 32GB | 2x Samsung 970 PRO I Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX2080 OC 8G Gaming | Nzxt Kraken WaterAIO X72, 360mm | be quiet! Dark Power PRO 11 1200W |

Hi you have 370 or that was a typo? You might want to go 1005. I will send you my EFI. What Wi-Fi and BlueTooth Method are you using?

Hi you have 370 or that was a typo? You might want to go 1005. I will send you my EFI. What Wi-Fi and BlueTooth Method are you using?

Hi! You are right! I had a typo. I have a Z390 chipset! No, I didn't have luck with BIOS ver. 1005 or 1105. I played around 4 weeks with it. Now I went with 1302 and had luck installing Mojave. Now, I am playing with Catalina B10!

I attached my EFI folder you just need to generate new SMBIOS. It may help you also to get the latest BIOS 1302. It's not perfect right now; needs to be fine tuned.

What is working:
LAN, Sound, M.2 NVME Samsung 970 PRO(need to set x4 speed in Bios otherwise it won't work)​
USB 3 all ports but very slow not full speed!​

UHD 630 doesn't work right now

WiFi and Bluetooth are not working because of Intel Chip. There is no way right now. But I found a good post, I think, about this. But this may break the warranty of board?!

Yes, please send me your EFI folder. I will delete and generate new serial/UUID number!

Thanks very much.

Attachments

• EFI Asus Maximus XI Extreme Bios 1302.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 329
  • Bios ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-EXTREME-ASUS-1302.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Hi, I will do a Maximus XI Extreme with everything working excluding the built in Wi-Fi, Aquantica and BlueTooth. All USBs mapped. This works for BIOS version 1005, 1105, 1305. If you have recently did a BIOS Flash you will need to check your Intel MAC address. Is it still the default or has gone to 88.88.88.87.88? This will stop your Apple Music from working properly. This EFI works as an install, and no modifications are needed except your serial number.

Success Build.
ASUS ROG Z390 Maximus XI Extreme
ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64
ASUS ROG RYUJIN 360mm All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler
ASUS ROG PG348Q SWIFT Curved 34 Inch UWQHD (3440 x 1440)
Razer Nommo Pro: Gaming Speakers - THX Certified Premium Audio
Corsair 32GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz RAM (2x 16GB) running at 2133
ENTHOO EVOLV X GLASS Case
 Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
 Magic Mouse 2
 Magic Trackpad 2

BIOS version 1005, 1105, 1305.

 macOS 10.13 - 10.15 tested and only Built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth do not work but I have installed a ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS.

See attached for BIOS Settings and EFI.

Attached pictures of BIOS Setup, Update to 1305 (latest BIOS version for the board), and full EFI to install and run. Please generate your own serial numbers and UUIDs. Else I have changed them to random in this folder.

This works as an install and as well as an everyday EFI folder. If you are doing a dual boot, please install Windows First because I have had an issue where Windows will put its EFI Windows content into the macOS EFi and when changing EFi folders Windows would fail. All USBs working full speed. Mapped DSDT included. Intel QuickSync working.

This has been pieced together over time and I have settled here now until the next version of macOS comes or I buy a new board. :)

Benchmark (No Overclock).png

Attachments

• ASUS Maximus XI Extreme 390 EFI.zip
    78.3 MB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Update WEG to latest version before installing 10.15.1. That is all that's needed

I am stucked at apfs_module_start:1393
Thats my first time trying hackintosh and I think I followed the instructions perfectly
I am trying to install Mojave because of unibeast last version

The bios version is 1302
Clover 4920
My setup is :
- Maximus XI Hero
- Intel i9 9900k
- Asus Strix Raid Pro (audio card)
- Corsair AX860 (Power Supply)
- 64 Go Ballistix Sport LT (RAM)
- Corsair H60 (Cooler)

AMD Radeon VII 16GB Graphics Card [Amazon] (currently being only sold by 3rd party scalpers who ask > $800 for it) [Alternative link with better prices]

Can you confirm this is the XFX Radeon VII you are using? I've heard the XFX cards don't function properly.

Hi, I have a very similar setup to you. The only issue I have is with the Radeon VII HDMI audio. I use the HDMI audio from my monitor as my main sound device. Every now and then it cuts out and I have to reset core audio in order for it to return. Have you tried HDMI audio with the Radeon VII? It would be great if you could let me know if it happens to you as well. Sometimes the issue wont occur for a while, but in the end it always does. Updating to Catalina 10.15.3 has not solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back