Contribute
Register

(Success) ReWrite: Yosemite 10.10.2 MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | i5-4460 | Asus Strix GTS 960: Silent Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Success)ReWrite: Yosemite 10.10.2 MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | i5-4460 | Asus Strix GTS 960: Silent Beast

That's awesome! Only thing is you shouldn't need GE=Yes at all. Make sure when u get back into the desktop select the nvidia web drivers again. I had to do that after getting the card in there and reboot without GE=YES and see what happens.
I haven't really tried without it. I will try and see what happen. But is it bad to have it?
By the way, I just messed around and have successfully installed using Clover since I want to get imessage fixed. Well, Clover is ok but imessage is still not operational until now, :p. Has any one got imessage working?

(Success)ReWrite: Yosemite 10.10.2 MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | i5-4460 | Asus Strix GTS 960: Silent Beast

I haven't really tried without it. I will try and see what happen. But is it bad to have it?
By the way, I just messed around and have successfully installed using Clover since I want to get imessage fixed. Well, Clover is ok but imessage is still not operational until now, :p. Has any one got imessage working?

I have not finished my clover guise yet on this build. It will be up hopefully soon. But I can tell you there are forums on here but I have not figured this out yet I am also now running clover. Only reason I did it was to dual boot windows and allow the bootloader to see windows to slept from. Please move your question to the alternate bootloader thread.

I have not finished my clover guise yet on this build. It will be up hopefully soon. But I can tell you there are forums on here but I have not figured this out yet I am also now running clover. Only reason I did it was to dual boot windows and allow the bootloader to see windows to slept from. Please move your question to the alternate bootloader thread.

Edit: I also have a problem when restart/shutdown.It happens with both Unibeast and Clover. Whenever I shutdown/restart in OSX, the OS "seems" to exit and my monitor gets turned off. The strange thing is everything in my computer case under my desk is still on (all the fans, the PSU, the motherboard, the power led...). So the only thing that is really off is my monitor. It takes about 10-20 seconds for the whole system to "really" shutdown. Maybe I need some kind of power management stuffs?

Also I am looking forward to your Clover guide. Although mine is running now but now sure if I didn't anything wrong but I got kernel panic once in a while. If you were to post it, which sub forum should I be looking at? Sorry, I am kind of new.

Edit: I also have a problem when restart/shutdown.It happens with both Unibeast and Clover. Whenever I shutdown/restart in OSX, the OS "seems" to exit and my monitor gets turned off. The strange thing is everything in my computer case under my desk is still on (all the fans, the PSU, the motherboard, the power led...). So the only thing that is really off is my monitor. It takes about 10-20 seconds for the whole system to "really" shutdown. Maybe I need some kind of power management stuffs?

Also I am looking forward to your Clover guide. Although mine is running now but now sure if I didn't anything wrong but I got kernel panic once in a while. If you were to post it, which sub forum should I be looking at? Sorry, I am kind of new.

I would look up "when shutting down my monitor turns off but not the pc" and see if you can get a hit on your shot down problem. Next you can write down your KP or take a picture with your cellphone, make sure it's not blurry, and post a new thread in the yosemite forum with your spec layout and install of choice, it it clover state it and someone may give you an answer. I will also be finishing up my clover guide soon, I only have the power management may not be supported. I still can't figure that out and in both unibeast and clover when the computer sleeps it turns back on at half volume and I place it at max and it gets no higher. Other then that it function very well.

Edit: I also have a problem when restart/shutdown.It happens with both Unibeast and Clover. Whenever I shutdown/restart in OSX, the OS "seems" to exit and my monitor gets turned off. The strange thing is everything in my computer case under my desk is still on (all the fans, the PSU, the motherboard, the power led...). So the only thing that is really off is my monitor. It takes about 10-20 seconds for the whole system to "really" shutdown. Maybe I need some kind of power management stuffs?...
See page 6 in the MultiBeast Features document (came with MultiBeast), specially the EvOreboot kext. Try it my running MultiBeast and just selecting
Driver > Misc > EvOreboot​

See page 6 in the MultiBeast Features document (came with MultiBeast), specially the EvOreboot kext. Try it my running MultiBeast and just selecting
Driver > Misc > EvOreboot​
Thanks again Stork for your help its always greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for your help.
So I have finally figured out what causes the shutdown issue. It is the GenericUSBXHCI kext which I installed. Removing it solves the problem. But do I need that kext by the way? This board has 2 USB 3.0 chips: ASM1042 and ASM1074. The ASM1074 is recognized natively by the system (it shows ASM1074 in the System Report). I dont see ASM1042 in the report so I installed the kext after reading this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...i-compatible-asmedia-usb3-0-a.html#post739597

Most 9-series motherboards don't need the GenericUSBXHCI kext. (X99 might be the exception - long story.) So, remove it and set XHCI in the BIOS to Auto (not Smart Auto).

Thanks all for your help.
So I have finally figured out what causes the shutdown issue. It is the GenericUSBXHCI kext which I installed. Removing it solves the problem. But do I need that kext by the way? This board has 2 USB 3.0 chips: ASM1042 and ASM1074. The ASM1074 is recognized natively by the system (it shows ASM1074 in the System Report). I dont see ASM1042 in the report so I installed the kext after reading this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...i-compatible-asmedia-usb3-0-a.html#post739597
Most 9-series motherboards don't need the GenericUSBXHCI kext. (X99 might be the exception - long story.) So, remove it and set XHCI in the BIOS to Auto (not Smart Auto).

also baby007 can you please put your build in your signature, go to "Profile", then in the middle of the screen you will see build signature and fill that out to the best of your ability. Seeing your parts is going to help figure out what route to take when helping you out. Thanks!

Thank you for the reminder. I just updated it.
In XHCI setting in my BIOS, there is only Enable and Disable. There's no Auto. So I chose Enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back