Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

aha! So I need to update my OpenCore to 0.7.3?, because that’s the Opencore Configurator version.
if you have upgraded your opencore, then you need to add in the new entries etc from the sample.plist

using Opencore Configurator is another issue, use xcode or plisteditpro to edit your config.plist, then use ocvalidate on your config,plist to check for issues before trying to boot from it

Thank you all!

That was the best support on this site I have ever gotten. @tedyun thanks for the guidance. @Feartech Thanks for future warning and tools for changing config and validation. Definately needed in the future :-D

I am too happy to contain myself. Cheers all :-D

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 13.00.20.png

Thank you all!

That was the best support on this site I have ever gotten. @tedyun thanks for the guidence. @Feartech Thanks for future warning and tools for changing config and validation. Definately needed in the future :-D

I am too happy to contain myself. Cheers all :-D

View attachment 529527

Looks like I slept through all the fun! I'm glad to see that you got the card up and running.

With your card, do you have a dual BIOS switch? If so, make sure it is set to the high performance BIOS -- that may improve the benchmark by 5-10%

Ted

Looks like I slept through all the fun! I'm glad to see that you got the card up and running.

With your card, do you have a dual BIOS switch? If so, make sure it is set to the high performance BIOS -- that may improve the benchmark by 5-10%

Ted

Yeah you missed all the “fun” :mrgreen: But thanks again.

The card is in performance mode.. and once I did the test a few more times I got 186-193k. Plenty enough :)

The card runs stable at can clock to 2800mhz in windows with 65c/80c junction, so quite satisfied, and ready for Diablo 2 Resurrected. What a great time to be a hackintosh user with these super cards.

Yeah you missed all the “fun” :mrgreen: But thanks again.

The card is in performance mode.. and once I did the test a few more times I got 186-193k. Plenty enough :)

The card runs stable at can clock to 2800mhz in windows with 65c/80c junction, so quite satisfied, and ready for Diablo 2 Resurrected. What a great time to be a hackintosh user with these super cards.

I wouldn't sweat the GB scores. Many have pointed out that the OpenCL and Metal scores are really inconsistent. I get scores between 140K and 200K, and I have no idea what processes determine the high and the low scores. Anyway, until some smart Hackintosher finds a way to overclock it on the macOS side, it doesn't really matter.

I have my rig set up to dual boot too! I love it! I only visit Windows on my rig to game as well. I'm actually more fascinated by the emulation scene. Yes, I use my 6900XT to play Pac Man. Great use of resources, isn't it :D (just kidding, sort of. I have Doom Eternal -- but it's nowhere near as pulse pounding as the later rounds in Pac Man...)

I wouldn't sweat the GB scores. Many have pointed out that the OpenCL and Metal scores are really inconsistent. I get scores between 140K and 200K, and I have no idea what processes determine the high and the low scores. Anyway, until some smart Hackintosher finds a way to overclock it on the macOS side, it doesn't really matter.

I have my rig set up to dual boot too! I love it! I only visit Windows on my rig to game as well. I'm actually more fascinated by the emulation scene. Yes, I use my 6900XT to play Pac Man. Great use of resources, isn't it :D (just kidding, sort of. I have Doom Eternal -- but it's nowhere near as pulse pounding as the later rounds in Pac Man...)

Hehe - can’t beat great gameplay! I mostly play emulation on my “hacked” Nintendo Switch. So great to have it on-the-go & on the couch/bed.

Maybe give Diablo 2 Resurrected a try, it looks stunning with the 6900xt (4k@60fps), and super relaxing (If you play Paladin). Eventhough it’s based 100% on the game from 2000, its new “3D” overlay is quite demanding, making the 6900xt shine.

Sorry for off-topic!

Last edited:
finally got it working. did took a long cut of downloading and installing the recovery of CATALINE 10.5.7 and then updating via beta profile. but its here, finally.

People should remember to leave their system do the work if they have not added the BOOT ARGS: "agdpmod=pikera" the installation happens on its own. when you don't see the mac Installation and only see mac as boot option in the open core menu, you know that its good to go. now you can either add the option and you will start getting the display as mentioned before.

The only issue I have is that I find the brigthness low even after 100 % at hardware level. what can the be issue here ?

View attachment 516228
Hello I had the same brightness problem. The problem was solved by simply changing the refresh rate of the display in the settings from 60 hertz to the maximum supported for my monitor of 170 hertz.

Thank you all for your work, without you guys I would not have solved this problem. For 5 days I tried to find a solution, but it turned out that the case was in the GPU.

AMD has announced W6600 so RX 6600 XT should be supported by macOS. Anyone wants to try after August 11?
I bought the AMD Radeon W6600 Pro 8GB and tested, I had the SMBIOS 20,1 and it didn't work, I saw a video that a guy tried with a EGPU the W6600 and it didn't work but he said it just work in the MACPRO7,1, I changed to that smbios, I have the 11.6 update already, and it doesn't work sadly, I think the only GPU that works is the W6800, or I have to do something additional to make it work?, any ideas?

I think the only GPU that works is the W6800
The 6900s are also supported but of course, cost even more.

I have to do something additional to make it work?, any ideas?
Wait for Apple to support it. Whether they will or not is anyone's guess. I don't think they will.

Back