Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I'll check if WEG is loading.

I believe the differences in the IOReg entry is because the driver for the card is not loading (due to the spoof not working correctly). Using the older dGPU (and the same ACPI path), the GFX0 entry has a lot more information.

Thanks

Ted
Rather than changing the BRG0 to eGPU just add eGPU to the SSDT.

PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGPU.GFX0,

I think you need the BRG0 naming to get the device to change?

You may also try getting rid of the EGPU using a SSDT or open core setting? This way you could follow what the others have done in a simple fashion..

Hey fellas any of you have experience with 2 6800/6900 XT opus?

Rather than changing the BRG0 to eGPU just add eGPU to the SSDT.

PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGPU.GFX0,

I think you need the BRG0 naming to get the device to change?

You may also try getting rid of the EGPU using a SSDT or open core setting? This way you could follow what the others have done in a simple fashion..

Thanks for the reply @Gigamaxx.

I'm afraid I'm a bit lost!

My IOReg shows an ACPI path as PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGP0.GFX0, so I tried to edit the "generic" example SSDT-BRG0.aml file that OpenCore includes in their release by editing the dsl file and compiling.

If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting to directly edit the example SSDT-BRG0.aml file, rather than going through the process of working with the dsl file, then compiling? I will try this.

I'll report back.

Thanks

Ted

Thanks for the reply @Gigamaxx.

I'm afraid I'm a bit lost!

My IOReg shows an ACPI path as PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.EGP0.GFX0, so I tried to edit the "generic" example SSDT-BRG0.aml file that OpenCore includes in their release by editing the dsl file and compiling.

If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting to directly edit the example SSDT-BRG0.aml file, rather than going through the process of working with the dsl file, then compiling? I will try this.

I'll report back.

Thanks

Ted

Incremental progress....

Well, editing the base aml file to substitute EGP0 where BRG0 didn't solve the trick. I'm still getting 2 device-id's, one with the 73af and the other with 73bf.

Interestingly, I disabled the aml, then deleted the DeviceProperties entry. Restarting, the bridge was labeled "pci-bridge" similar to adrigm10 here. Then, I transferred the original SSDT-BRG0.aml file and enabled it in the ACPI (but didn't spoof the DeviceProperties entry yet), restarted, and voila! The bridge was named BRG0! Excitedly, I put the entry into the DeviceProperties ...and....

Same problem :( two device-id's

I tried resetting the NVRAM to no avail.

Argh! I don't know why I'm getting two device-id's...

I just installed RX 6900 XT red devil and it start working without any patches, but that card recognized as RX 5700 XT. When I start FCPX, it works perfect with metal acceleration, significant faster then any my earlier graphic card. I think that bad recognition doesn‘t influence on speed, but I would like right recognition. Any sugestion?

Attachments

• mac pro info.jpg
    mac pro info.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 168
I just installed RX 6900 XT red devil and it start working without any patches, but that card recognized as RX 5700 XT. When I start FCPX, it works perfect with metal acceleration, significant faster then any my earlier graphic card. I think that bad recognition doesn‘t influence on speed, but I would like right recognition. Any sugestion?

It’s just a cosmetic thing. To fix it, I think you have to add a definition of your card in your DeviceProperties of your config.plist

You need to get the path of your card using Hackintool or gfxutil then add an entry.

Are you on OpenCore or Clover?

It’s just a cosmetic thing. To fix it, I think you have to add a definition of your card in your DeviceProperties of your config.plist

You need to get the path of your card using Hackintool or gfxutil then add an entry.

Are you on OpenCore or Clover?
Thank you. In the meantime I solved this thing. I find in OC some flag for rx 5700 and I disable it. Now everything is OK.

I got the XTXH card working by following Rocket88's post here.

I'm not getting any signal out of the HDMI port, but I'll take it!

Hoping that Apple will eventually support the 73AF cards....
Image 9-16-21 at 8.01 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm supposed to combine the approaches, but the loss of HDMI signal from the card was annoying me. I noticed that no one else reported that problem, so I wondered if it was because I bypassed WEG.

I modified CaseySJ's SSDT-Change-GPU-Device-ID.aml to specify the same ACPI path as Dortania's SSDT-BRG0.aml and activated both. I don't know if the order in the config.plst is important, but CaseySJ's comes before Dortania's.

In the kext section, the FakeIID's come before WEG.

It seemed to do the trick and now the HDMI signal is active.

Back