Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

the 73AF cards are just a better binned card with higher clocks, sold by a few like sappire, powercooler. also referred to as Navi 21 XTXH (versus 21 XTX of 73BF)

However, you shouldn't be afraid of these cards anymore since whatevergreen makes them super easy to enable. 5 min and it's up and running so you shouldn't fear any 6900XT or 6800. but no support for 6700 or 6600 is likely ever coming since apple only bothered to enable support for chips they just deployed on their intel mac pro. This is pretty typical of apple, only support what their own hardware has. they might have added more if they continued supporting egpu but that seems dead in water too on M1, so it's likely 6700 and 6600 support is never coming.

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT OC and it works out of the box with no spoofing needed. Just an FYI. No SSDT-BRG0 table needed. Only a few of the newer cards need this. Some of the 6900 XT do report the proper Device ID...
great, I probably will get the same one since there's already a working example here:lol::lol:

the 73AF cards are just a better binned card with higher clocks, sold by a few like sappire, powercooler. also referred to as Navi 21 XTXH (versus 21 XTX of 73BF)

However, you shouldn't be afraid of these cards anymore since whatevergreen makes them super easy to enable. 5 min and it's up and running so you shouldn't fear any 6900XT or 6800. but no support for 6700 or 6600 is likely ever coming since apple only bothered to enable support for chips they just deployed on their intel mac pro. This is pretty typical of apple, only support what their own hardware has. they might have added more if they continued supporting egpu but that seems dead in water too on M1, so it's likely 6700 and 6600 support is never coming.
Thanks a lot! I was thinking to get a 6800XT for a good price-performance ratio, but now I can think of other options.

I think 6800 XT should be fine, but for 6900 XT there's a note there says:

7. Only Radeon RX 6900 XT models made or sold by AMD are supported (Device ID 0x73BF).

Not sure if that means only the official edition directly from AMD?
Thanks, it does work great

Hi.
For those who have newest 6900 XT cards with XTXH chips. Please try latest WEG from master. Now it can spoof AMD device-id.
Three things you need:
1. Latest WhateverGreen.kext build from master
2. DeviceProperties fix (use Gfxutil)
3. SSDT-BRG0 table with correct path (without it device-id from DeviceProperties will not be injected)

View attachment 524843

If everything is correct your card should work without SSDT's, FakePCIID's etc.

Hello,

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

Could you explain it for newbies?

1. I already have the latest version of whatevergreen that comes with the necessary change.

2. What file do I have to fix the DeviceProperties to?

3. What do I have to modify in the SSDT-BRG0 file? I know that afterwards I have to compile to an .aml file and put it in the ACPI folder

Sorry if these are very basic questions, I've been with Hackintosh for years, but it's the first time I've made these kinds of changes.

Thanks!

I was able to buy a 6800 XT from AMD. I should receive it next week. I was wondering if I can use the USB-C port for video output and as a USB hub for my monitor? I have the HUAWEI MateView, it has a USB-C input and 2 normal USB ports.
Is macOs able to carry the graphics output and USB functionality trough one USB-C cable at the same time?

Thank you vandroiy :) I eventually got it working. Took some more research though. Over the years I have gotten pretty rusty as I have just been using CaseySJ's Z390 Designare OpenCore pack and not had to think much :)

By the way, where does the device-id of "BF730000" come from? Where did you figure that out from?

For those interested, I got a XFX Merc 319 6900 XT Limited Black card to work with Big Sur using the above method, on a Z390 Designare mobo.

I get a Metal score of 202000 on Geekbench 5.

View attachment 524942

Hello,

Could you explain to me how you have done it?

It is the first time that I work with SSDT

I was able to buy a 6800 XT from AMD. I should receive it next week. I was wondering if I can use the USB-C port for video output and as a USB hub for my monitor? I have the HUAWEI MateView, it has a USB-C input and 2 normal USB ports.
Is macOs able to carry the graphics output and USB functionality trough one USB-C cable at the same time?

@Arstidir,

There are some posts discussing the USB C port on 6000 series dGPU's earlier in this thread, see pages 15 onwards.

As far as we know the USB C Port can either be used in Display Port mode to drive a monitor or as a standard USB C port to connect external devices, it can not do both at the same time.

You might be able to connect a USB C dock to the USB C port on your 6000 series dGPU that supports Display Port mode and also acts as a USB C Hub.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Back