Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Well I have attempted all I know how to do to "unleash" this thing and I just cant get it to go any further. I have tried SMBIOS with iMac20,2 iMac19,1 iMacPro1,1 MacPro7,1. I have turned the internal GPU off and on. I have the latest WhateverGreen, along with the following BootArgs: keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=80. Highest i see is 182,000 on OC 0.7.1

Don't think it's a heat issues as the CPU stays around 36C. Unfortunately I cant get HWMonitorSMC2 to show GPU temp though. I tried the "Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs" and restarted/rebooted and installed Intel Power Gadget as well... temps work fine in windows though...

Open to any other suggestions.

Thanks

Running Designare Z390 with 9900k, 6900 XT reference and seeing similar results around 160k mostly. Did see a 197k one time but that was some Geekbench silliness me thinks. Noticed that if doing some other task like scrolling in a browser window while the test is running, the score does seems to be higher. Could it be related to clock speeds increasing under certain loads. Also, the latest BigSur and Monterey updates show lower score than before so maybe driver updates?

Well I have attempted all I know how to do to "unleash" this thing and I just cant get it to go any further. I have tried SMBIOS with iMac20,2 iMac19,1 iMacPro1,1 MacPro7,1. I have turned the internal GPU off and on. I have the latest WhateverGreen, along with the following BootArgs: keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=80. Highest i see is 182,000 on OC 0.7.1

Don't think it's a heat issues as the CPU stays around 36C. Unfortunately I cant get HWMonitorSMC2 to show GPU temp though. I tried the "Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs" and restarted/rebooted and installed Intel Power Gadget as well... temps work fine in windows though...

Open to any other suggestions.

Thanks
Try to use "iStat Menus" on last version.

Try to use "iStat Menus" on last version.
I was hopeful but no love here either.
Seems like the GPU data isn't even getting to the machine in MacOS.
*Turns out VirtualSMC doesn't have NAVI support for GPU Temps.
FakeSMC3 seems to offer this. I might try it out later today...

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 9.47.40 AM.png

Well, I turned off my speedy RAM profile and still got 191K. Will keep poking around...
I actually had a test hit 196k today while I had a bunch of stuff open and working. Not convinced geekbench is the best judge of speed… what version of MacOS are you using? Others have reported slower performance on the latest…

I was hopeful but no love here either.
Seems like the GPU data isn't even getting to the machine in MacOS.
*Turns out VirtualSMC doesn't have NAVI support for GPU Temps.
FakeSMC3 seems to offer this. I might try it out later today...

View attachment 525535
FakeSMC didn’t bring temps to Istats menus or HWMonitorSMC2. :(

Back