Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Oh yeah, if anybody wants to give it a try, here's the pre-built WEG kext.
I built it from "master" this morning and figured it'd save some people a few steps by providing it here.

Attachments

• WhateverGreen-master.zip
    200.4 KB · Views: 281
Oh yeah, if anybody wants to give it a try, here's the pre-built WEG kext.
I built it from "master" this morning and figured it'd save some people a few steps by providing it here.
That is the hardest part and requires Xcode.

Which is why I provided the pre-built binary here.
Also, the easy way of doing this is to just fork the WEG repo and manually trigger the CI job, which builds this for you without any setup being required. You get 2000 build minutes for free on any GitHub account, so this is quite handy.

Well, gfxutil will show you correct path to GFX0. You have to insert it in DeviceProperties like on my screenshot. Just drag binary file on Terminal and press Return button.
SSDT-BRG0 is used to assign bridge name for your card. All Radeon cards starting from Vega works through extra bridge. You can see it in IOReg (PEG1->PEGP->pci-bridge->GFX0). In order to inject DeviceID to GFX0 you need to determine pci-bridge device in ACPI. If you did it correct your IOReg should look like this
View attachment 524909

Without this SSDT your deviceID for GFX0 will not be injected.
Also short description of this fix described in SSDT-BRG0 source code.
Thank you vandroiy :) I eventually got it working. Took some more research though. Over the years I have gotten pretty rusty as I have just been using CaseySJ's Z390 Designare OpenCore pack and not had to think much :)

By the way, where does the device-id of "BF730000" come from? Where did you figure that out from?

For those interested, I got a XFX Merc 319 6900 XT Limited Black card to work with Big Sur using the above method, on a Z390 Designare mobo.

I get a Metal score of 202000 on Geekbench 5.

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 10.53.59.png

Last edited:
Switched to WEG method and cleaned up the extra files. Working with better method now. ready for 11.5 update later today/tomorrow too see if that update goes smoothly with everything setup (it should) :)

I just bought "Sapphire NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT SE GAMING OC Graphics Card With 16GB GDDR6 HDMI / TRIPLE DP"

Im having some issues with my machine and was curious if anyone had any thoughts.

The Video card has 3 separate cables running from the power supply x2 8pin // x1 6pin
Video card is directly connected with no riser to the first PCIe slot.
850W eVGA Gold Power Supply

The machine boots great while attached to HDMI, however when using my display port monitors I am greeted with black screens. I don't see the BIOS, I hear the chime and the machine will boot into whatever OpenCore was last selected for. Unfortunately the HDMI is a temp monitor, and my main displays are the display port monitors. I have no other monitors to test with. Could just be the Display monitors are too old to work. They work great with the 5700 XT I had in previously though...

I did successfully get picture to the monitors by booting with the HDMI monitor, and then hot plugging in the display port monitors after boot.

I have a Gigabyte z490 Vision D mainboard with 10850k CPU

Open to any and all thoughts. I really don't want to buy new monitors or send back the card...

I just bought "Sapphire NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT SE GAMING OC Graphics Card With 16GB GDDR6 HDMI / TRIPLE DP"

Im having some issues with my machine and was curious if anyone had any thoughts.

The Video card has 3 separate cables running from the power supply x2 8pin // x1 6pin
Video card is directly connected with no riser to the first PCIe slot.
850W eVGA Gold Power Supply

The machine boots great while attached to HDMI, however when using my display port monitors I am greeted with black screens. I don't see the BIOS, I hear the chime and the machine will boot into whatever OpenCore was last selected for. Unfortunately the HDMI is a temp monitor, and my main displays are the display port monitors. I have no other monitors to test with. Could just be the Display monitors are too old to work. They work great with the 5700 XT I had in previously though...

I did successfully get picture to the monitors by booting with the HDMI monitor, and then hot plugging in the display port monitors after boot.

I have a Gigabyte z490 Vision D mainboard with 10850k CPU

Open to any and all thoughts. I really don't want to buy new monitors or send back the card...
didi you try with -wegoff bootarg in your config.plist ?

Back