Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

As I said before it’s not a renaming issue. I was using both cards and also a SSDT-GPU-Spoof to enable this on an unsupported card, so it has nothing to do with being an Apple bug.

It's a cosmetic bug. Why are you saying its not? lol

I had a Radeon VII before this and the naming was proper.

They will fix it in .6 of Big Sur. I don't think it's fixed in .5. I will send a bug report via the Feedback app, they're usually spot on fixing any issues.

It's not a big deal anyway. My 6900XT works perfectly and very stable.

a first gen 6900XT name shows up fine. a seond gen one (XTX/H models) show up as unknown prototype even if spoofed to load as a first gen XTX card because deep down driver can still tell it's an unsupported card even if it was tricked into loading it under false pretenses. when I used a flashed bios to load my card, name was correct, but when i restored cards original bios and used spoofing, even though spoofing fixes cards name in about this mac, the driver can still recognize it as an unsuppoted card, thus the fallback generic prototype name and being unable to report metal capabilities in system information. I covered all this earlier in thread.

Has anyone tried the new Monterey public beta with a new rx 6800/6900 xt gpu? Curious if the behavior of a dp monitor turning off/on during boot has changed?

Has anyone tried the new Monterey public beta with a new rx 6800/6900 xt gpu? Curious if the behavior of a dp monitor turning off/on during boot has changed?

Just the same for me, no change.

I am still using Big Sur and I only see the screen go blank if I use the verbose mode (-v).

Using DP, and the only time my monitor goes off is after kernel has booted and the window server has started. It goes off for about 1-2 seconds and then it comes back. Same whether I use hdmi or DP. I’m using DP since my monitors are high resolution and very high refresh rate.

Using DP, and the only time my monitor goes off is after kernel has booted and the window server has started. It goes off for about 1-2 seconds and then it comes back. Same whether I use hdmi or DP. I’m using DP since my monitors are high resolution and very high refresh rate.
I have 3 monitors- LG4K (DP), LG4K UltraFine (TB3) and Acer HD (HDMI). The DP monitor activates first and gets through verbose, then deactivates at least once. Then the other two monitors activate, but remain black until the login screen. Sometimes the DP monitor shuts off twice. Once I'm past the login screen, no problems whatsoever. Never had this problem with RVII. Not that big a deal, just annoying.

the worst part about screens turning on and off is they get assigned new guids each time and sometimes macOS can't idenity what monitor is supposed to get one desktop background, so they revert to default. It's a pretty consistent bug that both real macs and hacks have when using 2 or more displays :\

Just received a nice new reference RX 6900 XT and it's running great so far. One thing I noticed, is that when moving the mouse pointer over a link, and it changes, the position of the pointer jumps momentarily then returns to the correct location. Had this on my previous XFX 5700. Just the IGPU does not do this. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Here is a video of the problem.

Last edited:
Back