Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

6800 and 6900. We are probably looking at the last two external graphics cards supported by Apple.
Likely. I'm someone supprised we got those. I'm holding off however as not sure I want to invest in anything right now. Plus these are hard to come by without massive markup. Was going to add to my eGPU (for the MBP 16) at very least but not sure eGPU is worth keeping as well.

Anyways, has anyone reported any success on the 11.5 beta with RX6700?
The device IDs for 6700-series (NAVI 22) are still present in 11.5 Beta (AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext), but actual drivers don't yet exist (i.e. nothing yet in AMDRadeonX6000.kext).

The device IDs for 6700-series (NAVI 22) are still present in 11.5 Beta (AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext), but actual drivers don't yet exist (i.e. nothing yet in AMDRadeonX6000.kext).
Hopefully, we can get 6700xt support.

They are available, but the price is astronomic.
I am glad, that I got one, when they were released.

Anyone have any luck using the XFX Speedster MERC 319 RX6900XT Black? Are non-reference cards still a no-go?
The (RX-69XTACBD9) has the same port config as a reference card.

It uses the proper pci id and has reference outputs.Should be fine.

Anyone have any luck using the XFX Speedster MERC 319 RX6900XT Black? Are non-reference cards still a no-go?
The (RX-69XTACBD9) has the same port config as a reference card.
Not sure who said AIB cards don’t work, but I have MSI 6800xt Gaming X Trio and it works fine. Not sure about the XFX but should work as long as you don’t have any custom firmware on it.

Back