Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

you can’t see it on a store web page.

my suggestion is that the thread creator adds a chapter to the main post, where we can list all the tried gpu’s, and let people know what worked and not.

I start:

Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil (AXRX 6900XT 16GBD6-3DHE/OC), works fine on MacPro7,1 with agdpmod added.
Thank you for this. I had picked one of those up at Microcenter and was waiting for confirmation before upgrading to Big Sur.

you can’t see it on a store web page.

my suggestion is that the thread creator adds a chapter to the main post, where we can list all the tried gpu’s, and let people know what worked and not.

I start:

Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil (AXRX 6900XT 16GBD6-3DHE/OC), works fine on MacPro7,1 with agdpmod added.
Good idea.

Sapphire Nitro+ RX6800 works perfectly with iMac 19,1 and agdpmod boot arg

My score is not very good, I see some close to 190000, I must have something wrong.
Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 23.09.05.png

I genuinely don't like geekbench scorcing because doesn't wait long enough to get cpu or gpu out of idle state. I can literally watch it benchmark and see cpu and gpu both spend more than half of bench mark at half speed because by the time it ramps up to full clock it's starting next test and because it also pauses between tests it starts EVRY test with both cpu and gpu below full throttle

The variance in these tests can literally just be x revved up faster than y, or even just that x didn't have working power management and y did, so x started test at full clock but y started it (correctly) from an idle clock.

TL/DR, a proper bench is something that actually operates at full clock for a decent amount of time.

Since you've all found a way to get one, any clues as to where to pick up a 6800xt?
No idea where you're based. But for people in the UK; since yesterday Overclockers have a fair bit of stock, Scan as well, but less stock. Overclockers prices are around £1200 for a 6800XT, £1700–£2400 for a 6900XT.

No idea where you're based. But for people in the UK; since yesterday Overclockers have a fair bit of stock, Scan as well, but less stock. Overclockers prices are around £1200 for a 6800XT, £1700–£2400 for a 6900XT.
Yeah I saw that, completely insane. Could probably get an upcoming 'M2' MBP for that. It seems like when there is stock, only one store has any and so it becomes temporarily a monopoly seller and can more or less charge what it wants.

1- Update all kexts
2- adding agdpmod=pikera in boot-args
3- remove the RX 580
4- Instal the RX 6900 XT
AND BOMMM!:lol:
I have UHD 630, Radeon™ 64 LC and RX 6900 XT activated, but I have picture dropouts.
Do I have to remove the UHD 630 and the Radeon 64™ LC?

Back