Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I have a stock 6900 XT (so, not XTXH), and it is working beautifully with 11.4 beta 1.
6900 XT is out of my budget but I have the doubt that 6800 XT cards that are fully compatible (having Device ID 0x73BF) are the ones with usb-c output which is the standard Radeon configuration for that model...

My XFX Merc 319 RX 6800 XT has Device ID 0x73BF, works great on macOS and the card itself next to silent when fully loaded. Recommended - if you can find one.

Hello, before I had a rx 580 working perfectly next to the igpu, but with the 6800 xt if I have the igpu enabled it loads the system and just when the first screen appears the monitor loses the 'image, however if I turn it off works fine but not I have igpu acceleration.
any suggestion

Last edited:
When using MacPro7,1 SMBIOS I get an error message that I have too much RAM, more than 768GB (I have 4x8GB) and that only one RAM module will be used. Using iMac19,1 for now.

When using MacPro7,1 SMBIOS I get an error message that I have too much RAM, more than 768GB (I have 4x8GB) and that only one RAM module will be used. Using iMac19,1 for now.
Have a look at this:

Hello, before I had a rx 580 working perfectly next to the igpu, but with the 6800 xt if I have the igpu enabled it loads the system and just when the first screen appears the monitor loses the 'image, however if I turn it off works fine but not I have igpu acceleration.
any suggestion

Try adding agdpmod=pikera to your boot-args.

I tried it, but the same thing happens, I don't notice anything

Did you clear NVRAM? Whenever we make changes to the boot-args we need to clear NVRAM on the next boot or they won't be applied.

Did you clear NVRAM? Whenever we make changes to the boot-args we need to clear NVRAM on the next boot or they won't be applied.
I did not do it, I do not know how to do it

Back