Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

@CaseySJ So Can I assume with a good probability that we will have full support of NAVI21 in 11.4? If it's so which the most compatible card at your experience among the RX 6800XT models?

Navi 21 (RX 6900 XT) is already supported in the 11.4 Beta 1, as is the RX 6800 XT. With so few people having them it is probably too early to say which, if any, have any problems compared to others. They is currently no support for the RX 6700 series but it is expected to come in a future beta, only Apple, and AMD who write the drivers for Apple, will know for sure though.
@Azimuth1,

This is a good question because not all NAVI 21 GPUs have Device ID 0x73BF. @byteminer, who posted several times in this thread, has a particular RX 6900 XT (or XTX?) with Device ID 0x73AF, which is not supported.

It would be best to avoid the new XTX models for the time being.

@Azimuth1,

This is a good question because not all NAVI 21 GPUs have Device ID 0x73BF. @byteminer, who posted several times in this thread, has a particular RX 6900 XT (or XTX?) with Device ID 0x73AF, which is not supported.

It would be best to avoid the new XTX models for the time being.
The Board size of these incompatible models is larger as well. It’s a larger PCB size for the ultra custom versions.
This appears to be related to the device ID.

The Board size of these incompatible models is larger as well. It’s a larger PCB size for the ultra custom versions.
This appears to be related to the device ID.
I use a Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ SE works great on my x570. Haven't connected it via the USB C . But works well with HDMI and DP . Well until I tried a different patch for AMD and now only using it on HDMI but get nearly 190K on Geekbench metal

I use a Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ SE works great on my x570. Haven't connected it via the USB C . But works well with HDMI and DP . Well until I tried a different patch for AMD and now only using it on HDMI but get nearly 190K on Geekbench metal

Can you verify if your Sapphire 6800XT Nitro+ SE GPU have Device ID 0x73BF? Thanks in advance!

actually XTX is older performance models the new performance models ones are XTXH and most of the high end cards that came out in april 2021 use this variant such as Red Devils and Sapphire toxic

I installed 6800XT and 11.4Beta.

MY Metal scores seesaw widly.Sometimes 180k,but after some hours,get 130-140k.

Is there any settings about this problem?Bios?Plist?

My configuration
OpenCore 0.6.8,iMac20,1,Whatevergreen,agdpmod=pikera

Last edited:
I installed 6800XT and 11.4Beta.

MY Metal scores seesaw widly.Sometimes 180k,but afte some hours,get 130-140k.

Is there any settings about this problem?Bios?Plist?

My configuration
OpenCore 0.6.8,iMac20,1,Whatevergreen,agdpmod=pikera
I set "iGPU Multi monitor" Enable on Bios. And use ig-platform-id "0300C89B .

@CaseySJ So Can I assume with a good probability that we will have full support of NAVI21 in 11.4? If it's so which the most compatible card at your experience among the RX 6800XT models?
I have a stock 6900 XT (so, not XTXH), and it is working beautifully with 11.4 beta 1.

If this is real, can you enlighten us a bit?
I think you would be the first one I see that has the new 6X00 running with Hardware Acceleration
I only followed the OpenCore Guide. I have a full AMD build so don't know how true it will be for an Intel build.

Anyone confirmed is 6800 6800xt 6900xt support 4k 120hz or 144hz in latest beta Big Sur? (assume display support 4k 144hz)
I have support for 2k 144hz so 4k 120z or 144hz should be supported.

Back