Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Not sure this is doable or practical because of cryptographically sealed system volume.
You can’t directly replace them very easily, and the there is the security signing and release version issue. Normally you use older kexts not unreleased kexts on a volume.

There are still 2 more options though.

I am excited to hear that this is finally working; however, I am having trouble finding any working cards/brands lists. I just ordered the "ASUS Radeon RX 6800 XT TUF OC". Was it a good choice? If not, what should I look for?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

EDIT:
Saw an earlier post that said if the device ID ended in "73BF," it would work, which my card has.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have problems with IGPU Multi monitor and 6000 series? With my 6900XT and a Z490 Pro Art I'm having black screen issues at boot, thus I have to reconnect DP to a different output. Weird.

Does anyone else have problems with IGPU Multi monitor and 6000 series? With my 6900XT and a Z490 Pro Art I'm having black screen issues at boot, thus I have to reconnect DP to a different output. Weird.
Try to use agdpmod=pikera in the boot-args it works for my Sapphire Nitro + RX 6900XT

Try to use agdpmod=pikera in the boot-args it works for my Sapphire Nitro + RX 6900XT

Darkyus is correct , use the AGDMOD=PIKERA, I used this under my x570 with a Nitro + and it runs at PCIe 4

This boot-args works also with the update 11.3 ?

This boot-args works also with the update 11.3 ?
This boot-arg is used for disabling boardID on Navi GPUs(RX 5000 series), without this you'll get a black screen. Don't use if you don't have Navi(ie. Polaris and Vega cards shouldn't use this) No mather what update are you using.
For example i used in catalina with an amd 5700 xt and now in big sur 11.4 with rx 6900xt

Yes its a standard argument for navi cards

@CaseySJ So Can I assume with a good probability that we will have full support of NAVI21 in 11.4? If it's so which the most compatible card at your experience among the RX 6800XT models?

@CaseySJ So Can I assume with a good probability that we will have full support of NAVI21 in 11.4? If it's so which the most compatible card at your experience among the RX 6800XT models?

Navi 21 (RX 6900 XT) is already supported in the 11.4 Beta 1, as is the RX 6800 XT. With so few people having them it is probably too early to say which, if any, have any problems compared to others. They is currently no support for the RX 6700 series but it is expected to come in a future beta, only Apple, and AMD who write the drivers for Apple, will know for sure though.

Back