Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

After my bios update, that option disappear. My bios version is f20.
If you're on the z490 vision d, You have to enable csm first. Don't save/reboot yet. Just enable csm then you can set the initial display output to whatever you want, then go back to the csm menu amd disable it, then restart.

For some reason the f20 bios hides the ability to select initial display out, unless the csm option is set to true, while f5 has no such limitation.

It works in my case, natively.
How are you getting that resolution.

For me ,i do not get the option to select refresh rate.

My 6800 XT is connected to LG CX TV. The TV supports 4k/120 Hz native.

What options are you booting with?

Why do people continuously compare what they get in Windows to macOS time after time again.
Why not?

If my hardware supports 4k/120hz and windows easily does 4k/120hz. why not mac os?

Both OS must support commonly required features supported by the hardware. e.g. refresh rate/HDR..etc.

Why not?

If my hardware supports 4k/120hz and windows easily does 4k/120hz. why not mac os?

Both OS must support commonly required features supported by the hardware. e.g. refresh rate/HDR..etc.
Incorrect, like for example Windows supports 4k/120Hz over HDMI while macOS does not. macOS only support 4k/60Hz over HDMI. Because the AMD drivers for Windows support HDMI 2.1, where as the macOS drivers does not support HDMI 2.1.

Incorrect, like for example Windows supports 4k/120Hz over HDMI while macOS does not. macOS only support 4k/60Hz over HDMI. Because the AMD drivers for Windows support HDMI 2.1, where as the macOS drivers does not support HDMI 2.1.
What about displayport 1.4, doesn't it support 4K at up to 144 Hz?

For those claiming success in running 4k at 120 hz in macOS, was it over HDMI or displayport?

What about displayport 1.4, doesn't it support 4K at up to 144 Hz?

For those claiming success in running 4k at 120 hz in macOS, was it over HDMI or displayport?
DP 1.2/120+Hz is supported in macOS, all depends on your monitor EDID mainly. Like my 1080p monitor works with 144Hz but only in one of the DP ports, if I plug it into a different DP port, it doesn't give me an option on refresh rate. Play around with the ports.

So has anyone tried to manually inject the new RadeonX6000 and framebuffer kext into the 11.3 release version?

I have switched from a Radeon VII to a 6900 XT and now I have hiccups with my USB mouse/keyboard. Almost like the wireless connection to them drops. I didn't have these issues before. Any suggestions?
Is there a USB-C connector on the card? Remap USB kext?

So has anyone tried to manually inject the new RadeonX6000 and framebuffer kext into the 11.3 release version?
Sounds fun. I'll see if I can find a 11.3 drive and test.

Sounds fun. I'll see if I can find a 11.3 drive and test.
Not sure this is doable or practical because of cryptographically sealed system volume.

Back