Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Are all brands good now? Wasn't there a problem with XFX in the past?
There were major problems with the XFX Radeon 500 series and macOS, I literally had to flash a Sapphire BIOS onto mine before it would boot macOS 10.14 without causing kernel panics. And the only reason why I got the XFX Radeon was because Apple abandoned NVIDIA in 10.14. I don't know if XFX 6000 series is fine with macOS or not, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

But it's still chugging aloing, in retirement in its box, in case I ever need it again, as I did for 4 months waiting on 6000 series support.

Hi All,

I finally managed to get the 11.4 installed so i could get my 6800 XT running.

But here is the issue. I have it connected to my LG CX OLED with a hdmi 2.1.

I can't get 4k/120hz/ycbcr444/10 bit.

I can only do 4k/30hz/ycbcr444/10bit.

I have tried to add custom resolution using switresx, but no go.

Anyone have any idea, how i can get 4k/120hz/ycbcr444/10bit on big sur using any utility or hack.

After all this waiting and i could have gotten 4k/30hz with my 5700. Huge disappointment & frustration to say the least.

Hi All,

I finally managed to get the 11.4 installed so i could get my 6800 XT running.

But here is the issue. I have it connected to my LG CX OLED with a hdmi 2.1.

I can't get 4k/120hz/ycbcr444/10 bit.

I can only do 4k/30hz/ycbcr444/10bit.

I have tried to add custom resolution using switresx, but no go.

Anyone have any idea, how i can get 4k/120hz/ycbcr444/10bit on big sur using any utility or hack.

After all this waiting and i could have gotten 4k/30hz with my 5700. Huge disappointment & frustration to say the least.
Have you tried using agdpmod=pikera in your config.plist boot-args and also MacPro7,1 or iMac20,1 as your SMBIOS?

Have you tried using agdpmod=pikera in your config.plist boot-args and also MacPro7,1 or iMac20,1 as your SMBIOS?
yes added agdpmod=pikera and Macpro7,1 is set.

i believe the driver should allow different refresh rates , no?

I still don't understand why mac os doesn't allow the user to set these basic functions when both source and target support it.

Why is it so easy in windows 10 , but almost impossible in mac os? there is no excuse , we are in 2021.

11.4 Is now a public Beta. Go get em' boys

Ok.. for me atleast ...
1. SMBIOS 7,1 and -wegoff works
2. agdpmod=pikera + SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 = no go

This is on my AMD B550 Vision D system.

Last edited:
Back