Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Enjoy your 6800 mate

Does anyone tried PowerColor 6800/6900 cards ?

In fear of asking too many questions; Anyone with Adobe PP/AE, can you confirm if render/project HW acceleration in Metal is enabled, or are we relegated to the cattle class OpenCL until further notice

Or any comments on how snappy (or laggy) the experience in comparison to the older cards is

Now only Bitcoin miners buy 6700/6800 or 6900 card ( You must pay three times more . Maybe next years
prices will go back to normal. Apple need to make money too and double the price .
So they can sell 6800XT for...4000 $ :lol:

Now only Bitcoin miners buy 6700/6800 or 6900 card ( You must pay three times more . Maybe next years
prices will go back to normal. Apple need to make money too and double the price .
So they can sell 6800XT for...4000 $ :lol:
What are you talking about? My 6900xt overclocked to 2.8gHz mines at 68MHs - which is pathetic for mining. Current BigNavi cards are not good miners, heck for how much more powerful they are compared to the previous iterations, they are not even good at productivity or compute. They are however, excellent at gaming. And since AMD was designing this card for exactly that above all else, its as understandable as it's frustrating

What are you talking about? My 6900xt overclocked to 2.8gHz mines at 68MHs - which is pathetic for mining. Current BigNavi cards are not good miners, heck for how much more powerful they are compared to the previous iterations, they are not even good at productivity or compute. They are however, excellent at gaming. And since AMD was designing this card for exactly that above all else, its as understandable as it's frustrating
Hopefully in Metal we will see improvements for productivity, I am looking forward to seeing some benchmarks in Resolve, AE, Redshift etc.

Hello everyone,

For me I get a black screen under DP or HDMI with my Sapphire RX 6800 XT OC with to without WE :/
Tried to disable the iGPU of my 9900K and injections bu nothing.

Hello everyone,

For me I get a black screen under DP or HDMI with my Sapphire RX 6800 XT OC with to without WE :/
Tried to disable the iGPU of my 9900K and injections bu nothing.
Try unplugging and plugging back in the HDMI cable in the card when on the black screen, Used to work on my rx580 so worth a shot.

Back