Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

11.4 beta 1 I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU! (literally)

Looks like they've put it in X6000 after all, I was sure there'd be a X7000.

Bad luck you 6700XT guys if it's not supported :( Not mentioned in release notes and I only see Navi21Controller in the info.plist. Maybe that'll come soon.

macOS 11.4, yippee, I have the Radeon™ Vega 64 LC and the RX 6900 XT in my Hackinstosh.

My 6900XT is so happy!

Am pleased support is on the way but ... Remember - no forum discussion of Developer Betas is permitted.
Is it ok to discuss the official changes log of the new release?

Bad luck you 6700XT guys if it's not supported :( Not mentioned in release notes and I only see Navi21Controller in the info.plist. Maybe that'll come soon.
Great news! I knew it'd come eventually, and I knew I'd regret returning that 6900 back in Jan. Look forward to hearing how you / everyone gets one :)

Is it ok to discuss the official changes log of the new release?
Only the RC or Public Betas - sorry. Developers are covered by an NDA etc, that's the reason.

(P.S - By the way all posts mentioning developer betas will be removed. Thanks).

Am pleased support is on the way but ... Remember - no forum discussion of Developer Betas is permitted

My prediction done in 15th March "The size of Kexts for example X6000MTLDriver increased from version to version, like let's say 12.5 Mb upto 100+ Mb (public vesions). The size of other plugins changed a little in 3 public versions. So what I expect is, as previous speculation , those driver will be done after 1st April, or even later. Sorry for folks which want "Now" the driver. If the interest of Metal Support kext was lost, no, it was not. The increase of file tends to give me hope. So, let's wait for 11.4 (.x)and we will see later. " was good

Great news! Now I just need to find one in stock that doesn't have a 100% markup on the price :)

I am glad to hear this very welcome news. I had noted a few days ago that 11.4 might be the last version of Big Sur before WWDC and perhaps macOS 12.0 beta1 is released, and that support for the 6000 series would have to come in 11.4 if Big Sur was to ever gain support.

So it's very good to see Apple still breathing life into its x86 build of macOS!!!! If only they also support Rocket Lake, Alder Lake, etc... and the iGPUs within!

Once support can finally be confirmed in a public beta that we can talk about, the name of this thread should change from

[FAILED] Radeon RX 6800 XT - Big Sur​

to

[SUCCESS] Radeon RX 6800 XT - Big Sur​

Last edited:
Back